Principal/Senior Engineer - HighwaysNewark with agile workingFull Time, Permanent
RPS is currently seeking an experienced Principal or Senior Engineer to join our Highways team as we continue to move our business forward. Working within our highways design team in the Newark office but with flexibility for agile working, this is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced engineer.
This position is key to the success of the team and the most suitable candidate will most likely have extensive experience in a design role gained within a consultancy producing design packages for technical approval and construction. Familiarity and proficiency in the application of relevant design standards (e.g. DMRB) are expected, as is experience in the production and approval of S278/S38 highway design packages. This is a dynamic and exciting role for a candidate looking to progress their career and who enjoys working independently and as part of a team.
RPS is a leading global professional services firm with over 5000 consultants and service providers. Working in 125 countries across all six continents. We are proud of the quality tailored solutions we provide to our clients which generate high volumes of repeat business and we are confident we can provide unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
Education, Experience and Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- Production of schematic/concept designs and design calculations within defined timescales;
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs;
- Directing Technicians in the production of AutoCAD and Civils 3D drawings;
- Undertaking quality reviews of designs prior to issue;
- Liaison with Statutory Bodies (e.g. Highways England or Local Authority);
- Analysis and design of earthworks;
- Visiting sites and attending site meetings;
- Participation in internal project team meetings;
- Attendance at external design meetings with clients and other design team members;
- Preparing correspondence, reports and specifications.
- Working closely as required with support functions within RPS, such as HR, Finance, Marketing / Bid
- Leading by example to exhibit defined RPS behaviours and appropriate personal/professional conduct
- Additional duties as required
Degree in Civil Engineering. Chartered Engineer, MICE or MCIHTEssential Skills:
- Experience in the production and approval of S278/S38 highway design packages
- Sound knowledge of relevant design standards and good experience of managing design production and formal approval
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently, and lead and supervise others
What we offer you:
- Proficient in use of Civils 3D and AutoCAD
- Experience of use of Microdrainage software.
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: Excellent holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.About RPS
We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
With expertise across a broad range of project types and scales, we guide projects as they move from initiation and scoping, to design and delivery. Our team offers integrated planning, design, technical and project management services to support developers to invest with confidence, streamline approvals and deliver projects that respect and enhance local communities.
Please forward your application or contact email@example.com for further information
RPS is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Applications received through Recruitment Agencies will not be considered.