Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician (Electrical Engineering Bias)
This is a brilliant career opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician with an electrical engineering bias, to be part of the busy and demanding manufacturing environment at Calder Industrial Materials located on the outskirts of Chester.
As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician with an electrical engineering bias, your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Maintaining electrical and mechanical equipment and associated plant to a high standard
- Fault finding, responding to breakdowns and efficiently rectifying electrical and mechanical systems involving PLC control
- Working on planned preventative maintenance and improvements to plant and equipment and new projects
- Completing and controlling all necessary documentation around engineering activities
- Assisting with driving continuous improvement and lean activities
Calder Industrial Materials is a highly reputable manufacturing company with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. Calder is one of the UK's leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders' merchants nationwide.
In addition, Calder are also the UK's leading specialist in lead engineering. The company designs, manufactures and installs radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical and other markets.What will I need to be considered for this Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician vacancy?
What will I receive in return?
- Be a time served Electrical Engineer with a City & Guilds / ONC in Electrical Engineering
- Good working knowledge of PLC's, relay logic and hard-wired systems, HMI bus systems, pneumatics, hydraulics and variable speed drives (AC/DC)
- Excellent fault-finding skills for electrical / mechanical drive systems, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems
- Working knowledge of modern AC & DC drive systems through to standard large motor starting systems
- Positive and proactive attitude with the ability to multi-task and assume responsibility
- Ability to undertake medium to heavy mechanical fitting work as and when required
As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician with an electrical engineering bias, you will receive:
- Salary of circa £36,000, level dependent on experience and qualifications
- 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme (following successful probation period)
- Cycle to work and discount voucher scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free car parking
You'll be employed on a permanent contract working 40 hours per week on 12-hour rotational day/night shifts within Monday to Friday, plus 1 in 3 Saturdays working 6am to 6pmAll applications for this Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician - Electrical Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.