We are delighted to be recruiting a Payroll Manager to support nearly 2000 employees across three payrolls. Reporting directly to the Company Secretary, the Payroll Manager is also responsible for the day to day management of two Payroll Assistants.
· Oversee the input of routine Payroll information, to include starters, leavers, overtime, absence details, change of personal details, pension scheme joiners, court orders. Ensure that a rigorous checking regime is in place covering all input.
· Carry out the monthly gross to net reconciliation of payrolls
· Communicate with senior managers and administrative personnel throughout the Company with regard to monthly deadlines and obligations.
· Constantly monitor processes, procedures, payroll software and suppliers to ensure they are fit for purpose and capture all necessary data.
· Manage the day to day functions of the department and payroll assistants.
· Train and develop payroll assistants to ensure they are capable of fulfilling their roles.
· Keep abreast of legislation and ensure the Company payroll is fully compliant at all times.
· Establish failsafe mechanisms with regard to HMRC Real Time Information submissions.
· Maintain a good working relationship with external suppliers and agents (Payroll software, pension agents etc). Ensure they are giving a full service and providing value for money.
· Make sure the Company Secretary is fully briefed regarding any issues or developments.
· Resolve high level queries efficiently and accurately.
· Respond to requests from the Company Secretary for reports, redundancy calculations etc. accurately and with regard to the confidential and sensitive nature of the material being reviewed.
· Manage the annual profit share payment process, providing senior management with all the information they require, that deadlines are adhered to and BACS scheduling is in place.
· Prepare in-year and annual submissions to HMRC; obtain all necessary information to ensure P11Ds are accurate and sent to employees in time for them to resolve any queries before committing the return. Also obtain all the necessary data for the PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA), resolve any queries or anomalies and submit/pay in line with HMRC deadlines.
· Collate P11D and PSA reports for the Accounts office
· Prepare Gender Pay Gap Report
· Meet monthly with the Financial Controller to reconcile the salaries control account.
Candidate Requirements and Experience:
The role would suit an experienced payroll manager who is used to working as part of a team with:
· A relevant qualification or qualified by experience.
· A background of staff management backed up by management training.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Microsoft Office applications.
· Experience of system implementation.
· Good communication skills.
· An ability to influence staff, customers of the payroll function and external suppliers/agents to a desired outcome.
· Familiarity with the MidlandHR iTrent and Access Payroll/HR systems will be an advantage.