Based in Inverclyde, we require a Quality Manager to join our shipbuilding client on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Quality and Compliance, the Quality Manager will be responsible for the capture, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the digital process mapping environment (NIMBUS). THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Degree educated within a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Strong experience of working in a process driven manufacturing environment, including a hands-on approach to 'delivering quality'.
- Background in Marine / Oil & Gas industries and any Shipbuilding experience is highly desirable.
- Experienced quality professional with working knowledge of ISO9001.
- Internal audit qualification for ISO9001 (minimum).
- Knowledge of other standards such as ISO14001, ISO45001 would be advantageous.
- Experience of working with European and International Standards.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Ability to conduct meaningful workshop type sessions across department to enrich and define process.
- Methodical with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Can use Visual Management to quickly relay information.
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
- Maintaining current and creating new ISO documentation to support any increase scope of certification, as necessary.
- Primary contact for Certification Bodies (BSI, LRQA) for ISO Management System Audits.
- Define and conduct internal audits to the required specification in line with our processes.
- Providing reports for use by Senior Management on all issues relating to the QMS.
- Support and management of the Quality Inspection Team (Quality Control Inspectors and Technicians) within a production environment, driving process improvements / enhancements in line with the designated project and/or Quality Plans.
- Responsible for ensuring the in-house compliance testing has been completed on an ongoing basis, to ensure product continually meets required standards.
- Collating data for the management review and ensuring customer complaints are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Define, manage, and execute the Non-Conformance Reporting, Corrective Action & Root Cause Analysis process.
- Through auditing ensure calibration register(s) for testing and measuring equipment remain valid.
- Working closely with Production to reduce waste in both process and practice.
- Enabler for change and dissemination of good practice including visual Management techniques.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Follow Red on LinkedIn