Pay: Dependent on experience
Start Date: Immediate
If you are looking to work in a friendly community pre-school we are currently recruiting for an experienced Pre-School Manager to lead our team at Meadow.
Who is Meadow?
Meadow is a friendly, community pre-school based in Rochester, Kent. Our role is to provide safe, high quality education and care for young children age 2-4 years old. We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage and actively encourage outdoor experiences. Children learn through play and enjoy forest school trips in the local area. Learning is muddy, messy and creative with lots of time spent in the outdoor space. Meadow is committed to enabling more families to access this fantastic way of learning.
Our aim is to:
- encourage children to learn through play, and gain confidence in a caring and friendly environment. When children are happy and enjoying themselves, they are more open to new learning experiences.
- celebrate the outdoors, to engage and inspire children through positive outdoor experiences. Developing confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning in a natural environment.
- allow children the freedom to explore, and to follow their individual interests and friendships. By letting them lead their own exploration, they are developing a sense of self-worth, self-confidence and independence.
- ensure every child is given the opportunity to develop the seven Early Years Foundation Stage areas of learning at their own pace, and through their own interests.
- connect with our community of families, friends and the local neighbourhood, helping to instil a sense of belonging in children.
- practice sustainability, helping children to value and appreciate the environment, deepening their understanding of how the outside world relates to their lives.
Who is our ideal candidate?
Someone with fantastic organisational, record-keeping and planning skills; good interpersonal skills; who is passionate about early years education; and enjoys spending time outdoors, whatever the weather.
Candidates will need to have experience of managing or holding a leadership role at a pre-school and an in-depth knowledge of the EYFS.
It is essential that you hold a Diploma in Pre-School Practice, qualified to level 3 in childcare and you have knowledge of leading SENCo management within a setting. The right candidate should also have at least two years on the job managerial experience.
Core working hours: 8.30am - 3.30pm Monday to Friday (term time).
Salary: Competitive rate of pay offered.
Experience: Early childhood education in a leadership role: 2 years (Required)
Education: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Meadow Pre-School is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all children attending the setting. All successful applicants will be subject to full suitability checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. NB: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
Closing Date: 18/09/2020 at 19:00
Information about the school
Meadow Pre-School has been providing a welcoming, happy and safe environment for pre-school children for over forty years.
Based in Rochester, Meadow is a community pre-school and registered charity that is managed by a committee of volunteer parents. Meadow's ethos is very much one of learning through play. When children are happy, confident and enjoying themselves they are more open to new learning experiences.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.