Accounts Administrator / Purchase Ledger Clerk
£8.72ph rising to £10+ after 12 weeks
Monday to Friday 37 hours per week
• Good Understanding of Purchase Ledger
• Methodical with strong attention to detail
• English & math's GCSE level or equivalent
• Ability to work as a team and on own initiative
• Ability to communicate with staff at all levels both written and verbally
• Hands on approach to problem solving
• Microsoft office skills
• Good time management and organisational skills
You will be responsible for ensuring prompt and accurate payment of supplier invoices by matching supplier invoices to delivery notes and orders and to resolve any associated queries. Duties will include...
• To ensure suppliers invoices and credit notes are matched accurately against delivery notes and orders.
• Processing to targets and tight deadlines to enable payments to suppliers in line with agreed payment terms to ensure continuity of the supply chain process.
• To extract, manage and resolve query invoices in order to facilitate a speedy resolution enabling timely and accurate payment.
• To work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that the function operates consistently and effectively in the implementation and application of all departmental procedures and policies.
• Maintain effective relationships with suppliers, stakeholders and customers as day-to-day business needs require.
• To ensure correct charging on customer invoices in respect of direct supply items in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
• To dispose of scanned invoices and delivery notes in line with Data Protection guidelines.
• To resolve queries relating to deliveries from suppliers and suppliers delivering directly to customers.
• Ensuring that services are delivered in line with relevant legislation, objectives and policies including those relating to equality and diversity, customer care and health and safety.
• To create and amend supplier records ensuring necessary checks regarding viability are carried out to limit risk to the business.
• To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time that reasonably falls within the scope and grade of the post.
Proman acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website (url removed) and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK is set to depart from the EU on 31st January 2020. EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please follow the below link for information on how to apply