We are seeking a QCFL4 qualified Compliance Manager with the ability to lead a team of Compliance Monitoring, Training & Competence and Business Quality professionals. Ideally you will have previously held the SMF16 or SMF17 position. This is an exciting new role reporting to the Group Head of Regulatory Compliance and working closely with senior management to ensure regulatory controls and compliance across the business.
You will have held a similar role within an FCA/PRA regulated retail financial services environment, preferably from the Wealth sector and have an inherent passion for driving excellence, managing risk and implementing systems and controls to meet regulatory requirements.
A strong communicator with a flexible and practical approach; accountable and ready for the challenge.
This role will be Southern based and you will be required to work out of/visit offices across the Group.
If you like the sound of this role then check out the full Job Spec below:-
Working closely with the Group Head of Regulatory Compliance, the Compliance Manager will be responsible for the firm's compliance function and to assist senior management in managing regulatory risk by setting an appropriate compliance culture and framework for the firm. The Compliance Manager will be the focal point for all regulatory issues and responsible for implementing and maintaining systems and controls.
In order to run the compliance function successfully the Compliance Manager is expected to oversee the compliance programme using a risk-based approach and ensure that the compliance function is operating effectively and efficiently via compliance monitoring, T&C supervision and the Business Quality team.
The Compliance Manager will manage the compliance team to ensure that it is appropriately resourced to deliver the compliance function obligations under the firm's FCA permissions.
It is expected that the Compliance Manager will adopt the SMF 16/17 functions and as such become an FCA approved Senior Manager following a successful introductory period.
Relevant skills, knowledge and experience
* You will have been a Compliance Manager or Head of Compliance within FCA/PRA regulated retail financial services ideally within the wealth sector. You may have held the SMF16 or SMF17 position in a previous role.
* You will have strong communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly and the willingness to take personal responsibility.
* You must be able to challenge business processes to ensure regulatory compliance and have the ability to manage and influence regulatory and senior management relationships.
* You can communicate well with all staff levels to ensure regulatory knowledge is transferred and applied through your open and inclusive approach. You are comfortable with an agile approach to business change and using your skill set to enable business development.
* You are passionate about financial services and have proven ability to work on several projects and under tight deadlines. You are a natural problem solver and have an ability to anticipate regulatory risks.
* Broad base of compliance knowledge and technical knowledge (QCFL4 minimum)
* An understanding and knowledge of relevant FCA rules and guidance including; code of conduct, Fit & Proper, Supervision, Dispute resolution, SYSC and COBS.
* Good understanding of other relevant legislation, including that related to financial crime and Data Security.
* Establishing and maintain an effective compliance monitoring programme
* Ensure that the firm maintains accurate, detailed, and up to date compliance records across all areas of the firm's business including the compliance manual, internal codes of conduct and best practice guidelines.
* Ensure the firm can respond to requests for information from the FCA and provide the requisite notifications to the FCA including managing the Connect system and GABRIEL.
* Keep up to date with relevant regulatory, product, legislative and technical requirements
* Make sure all client contact is carried out in a professional and courteous way
* Make sure all client records are retained in line with the firm's Data security and record keeping policy
* Work closely with the Group Head of Regulatory Compliance to identify trends and emerging risks relevant to the provision of financial advice to the clients of the firm.
* Comply with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, the FCA Statements of Principle & Code of Practice and the relevant FCA rules at all times
* Prepare and issue an annual MLRO report to the board to evidence compliance with AML and Financial Crime fighting incentives. Prepare and issue an annual compliance report to the board to evidence the effective delivery of the regulatory responsibilities of the firm and implementation of improvements as required.
* Provide line management and oversight for the firm's compliance monitoring, T&C and Business Quality teams.
The Compliance Monitoring team are responsible for:
* Ensuring that all appropriate records, policies and procedures are accurate, appropriate and monitored in relation to: Advice and sales practices; Business Continuity and disaster recovery; Data Security; FCA notifications and reporting; Recruitment; TCF; Complaints & breaches; Financial promotions; SM&CR; Delegated activities; ABC & AML; Regulatory recruitment monitoring.
* The T&C and Business Quality team are responsible for regulatory supervision and training.
Your role is to ensure that the firm is compliant with both internal and external policies and regulations. You will oversee the development and implementation of procedures that facilitate compliance. You will need to work with directors and senior management to ensure compliance throughout the firm. Areas such as TCF, complaints handling, T&C Plan and adviser records, and file reviews for all advisers will form a fundamental part of your role.
This job description forms part of the contract of employment