Instrumentation & Electrical Technician, near Alton, To £47,000
Our client, a leading Oil & Gas plant near Basingstoke are looking to hire an experienced Instrumentation & Electrical Technician to undertake activities relating to maintenance and operation of the production and gas plant facilities. Principal Responsibilities
.Qualifications and Experience:
- Identifying, scheduling, carrying out and the recording of routine maintenance checks.
- Identifying, scheduling, carrying out and the recording of non-routine maintenance repairs.
- Carrying out the routine servicing of various types of process control instrumentation equipment such as transmitters, controllers, analysers etc.
- Assisting/carrying out vendor specified routine maintenance.
- Maintaining of all site services in good working order and applicable to safe working practices.
- Where possible and available, responding to 24 hour call outs or giving advice on plant breakdowns outside normal working hours.
- Carrying out of general housekeeping to ensure facilities are maintained clean and tidy
- Assist other technicians or operational staff as necessary or advised.
- Carrying out equipment isolations to permit requirements to ensure that equipment is safe to perform maintenance on.
- Assisting during the installation and commissioning of new plant facilities.
- Working alongside specialist vendor service engineers.
- Liaising with and supervising contractors,
• 4-5 years maintenance experience on equipment related to the installed instrument and/or electrical equipment.
• Possess instrument qualification (apprenticeship or NVQ level 3) with a good working knowledge in electrical.
• An understanding of the workings of the oil and gas industry Competencies:
• Must be able to plan and prioritise daily activities to ensure the safety systems and process control systems operate safely and efficiently.
• Must be a team player and participate in exchange of knowledge and communicate with all levels of management and commercial third parties.
• Diligence and reliability.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Able to cope with pressured situations.
• Pro-active in achieving results.
• IT Literate
• Hours of Work: 7.30-4.30 Monday to Friday. However, the position includes some weekend, evening and bank holiday work.
This role is commutable from Basingstoke, Southampton, Winchester, Petersfield, Eastleigh, Reading.