DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We are looking for a Senior IT Service Manager to join DWP Digital's growing community of experts. Our people work on projects with the potential to improve the way millions of people interact with government every day, on a scale and with a purpose unmatched anywhere else.
You will be working on DWP's flagship digital project Universal Credit, with a firm focus on providing excellent support for a portfolio of Digital services and associated business products consumed by our 25,000 Universal Credit agents and 5.5m claimants.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your expertise to mature and transform an established Service Management team to help us deliver even higher standards of quality and customer service. Click apply now to start an application and join our team.
Find out what we're working on and all about life at DWP Digital on our blog: https://dwpdigital.blog.gov.uk/
Duties. Work. Projects.
* The role predominately requires management of a Level 2 Product Support/Incident Management operation providing direct support to DWP agents. You'll work closely with development feature teams to progress Problem Management and Service Improvements.
* You will continue to develop the strategy for service management across Universal Credit to ensure availability, performance and process maturity across this landscape.
* You will lead and develop a team of experts to deliver service improvements. You'll identify and own stakeholder relationships and make sure that Universal Credit Products and Services are delivering the best value for money and meet business and user requirements.
* You will have direct line management responsibilities which will require setting team objectives, managing development of others and acting as a point of escalation. You may also be required to provide on call support for Universal Credit services.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for:
* ITIL Certifications or equivalent experience.
* Leadership: You have proven experience in leading/managing Service Management and Product Support. You can inspire and motivate teams.
* Incident Management: You have experience leading the investigation and resolution of incidents.
* Customer Service Management: You maintain a high level of customer service.
* Relationship Management: You can influence stakeholders and manage relationships effectively. You build long term strategic relationships needed to facilitate and deliver business outcomes.
Where you'll work:
We've just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
You'll join us in our brilliant digital n Newcastle. We're just a short walk from Longbenton metro.
Find out more about our Newcastle hub here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/newcastle
We also have all the tech and tools to work flexibly, and many of us are working from home at the moment due to Covid-19.
Responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy, DWP transacts around £170 billion in payments each year, operates out of more than 800 locations and has over 84,000 employees. We run one of the most complex IT estates in Western Europe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £59,589, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
* Flexible working
* Family friendly policies
* Volunteering and charitable giving
* Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
* Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
* Sports and social activities
* Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application in Civil service Job page
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90754100