We are currently recruiting an operationally focussed Finance Controller exclusively on behalf of a Market Leading Manufacturer of consumer goods.
As the main finance contact in the business, the successful candidate will need to understand the business and express an independent view of it. They should have a presence on site and within the senior management team, be able to challenge spend, ensure costings are correct, forecast including all expectations and ensure the business is being driven forward.
Key Responsibilities will include;
- Management of key stakeholders including business support, relevant cost control and added value from Finance to bring the numbers to operational meaning and ensuring these are translated into actions and improvements
- Financial analysis and support for the continuous improvement projects and cost/benefits thereon
- Ownership of all Stock related balance sheet reconciliations including full understanding of provisioning processes, GRIR and stock movements between all SAP systems. This will include ownership of all stock balances include virtual stock warehouses and the related SAP processes thereon. Ensure appropriate controls are in place over accounting for Stocks
- Ownership of the maintenance and operational delivery of the Standard Costing system. This will include ensuring this is maintained and updated appropriately within the Finance Ops Team
- Set up systems to report actual performance of agreed KPIs against Budget and forecast. Ensure our reporting cascades down to the level agreed.
- Complete all Operational reporting requirements of the Group both on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Ensure all of our labour reporting meets the needs of the business and set targets in line with company objectives
- Ensure that Production overheads are well controlled and in line with agreed Budgets and ensure that the company has a longer term Vision for the level of Overheads anticipated
- Ownership of the delivery of all Costings through the Finance Ops Team. These will include all Product Costings, both NPD and upgrades of existing products and processes as required. Ensure all agreed targets and thresholds are met prior to launch of products.
- Ownership of the Capex process. This will include capex spend monitoring against Budget/Latest forecast. Ensure all capital appraisal forms are conducted in line with Group regulations are met, ensuring we are targeting appropriate threshold returns.
- Be a key member of the Finance leadership team involved in executing the Vision of the department. Acts as mentor to junior members of Finance staff
The successful candidate will be qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with demonstrable FMCG experience and be able to demonstrate a track record of team development and the ability to manage at all levels.
They will be energetic, committed, commercially aware with good communication skills and be operationally astute. They should also be hands on and able to meet deadlines.