At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.Visit jacobs.com & connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.Jacobs is recruiting a Senior Probabilistic Safety Analysis (PSA) Engineer to join our growing Nuclear Power business.
Within our team you will form a key part of our community, supporting a wide range of consultancy projects for a variety of customers across the nuclear industry, primarily in the areas of generating reactors and new build, with possibilities to support decommissioning, defence and fusion reactor work. Mentoring and training will be provided to support your development of technical and professional skills throughout your career at Jacobs.Key Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining PSA models in line with international best practice and regulatory expectations
- Understand safety principles and their role and application to modern standards safety case preparation
- Performing PSA studies to support customer safety cases
- Liaising with customers in your discipline to analyse problems and develop technical solutions
- Developing relationships with clients in order to identify and secure future business
- Supporting the development of contract proposals and tenders
- Mentoring junior team members
- Delivering work to agreed budgets and timescales to ensure customer satisfaction
- Continuing to develop technical knowledge and competence in field of expertise
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate scientific or engineering discipline
- Knowledge and experience of the application of Probabilistic Safety Analysis - including analysis of reliability data, Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis and associated software - in the civil nuclear, defence or high consequence sectors
- Demonstrable communication skills with clients both internally and externally
- Ability to write clearly and present complex arguments in a well-structured manner
- The ability to lead discussions with customers to understand their requirements, analyse problems, develop solutions and present results
- Capable of working autonomously and acting as a Responsible Engineer, taking a lead role on projects and supporting the ongoing engagement with clients
- Adaptable and able to work on a variety of projects, prioritising as appropriate
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior analysts as part of a defined project would be desirable, including planning, monitoring, financial and commercial aspects
- Experience of working in multi functional teams