The post holder will provide oversight and management for all activity relating to the Housing Management Systems project. This is a large system and culture change project which will transform the way that the Housing function operates and the way that customers interact with Housing services.
The post holder will ensure that the project is completed within agreed time scales and budget. The post holder will lead and co-ordinate the project team; reporting to the Project Board and directly to the Project Sponsor, managing risks and issues in a proactive and timely manner.Key Duties/Areas of Responsibility
- To ensure business change is achieved across the Housing Service through the implementation of a new Housing Management system and associated technologies to deliver the following outcomes:
- Adherence to statutory and local policies, guidance and procedures
- Implementing a best practice solution aligned to the Design Principles
- Improved performance and performance monitoring
- Delivery of the new system to the timescales and within the project budget (both internal and supplier cost envelopes)
- Delivery in line with the contractual terms and conditions with proactive management of variance via escalation, change control and/ or available penalties within the terms
- Ensure that the project produces the required products within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits.
- Producing a project plan, identifying, securing and managing resources (within the project framework).
- Responsible for ensuring that the project is focussed throughout its lifecycle on achieving its objectives and delivering the forecast benefits as defined.
- Report to Project Board and other governance structures as appropriate.
- Maximising the deployment of mobile technologies, digital and self-service across the Housing Service.
- Manging the "Go Live" process with appropriate sign off by key roles and third party suppliers.
- Contribute to the Council's budget process, advising the senior managers within the directorate and Elected Members on service priorities and implications of budgetary options
- Develop and foster effective relationships with external stakeholders, partners and agencies, representing and promoting the Council's interests with these groups.
1. Key Areas of Knowledge and Experience Know-how
- Liaise with suppliers' project managers and other internal project managers to deliver the project.
- Co-ordinate work on the project, chairing project team meetings, ensuring that all parties perform satisfactorily and report regularly to client and/or Council Members on progress and costs.
- Provide professional advice on managing the project and associated risks.
Broad range of experience in IT projects and performance management
Knowledge and understanding of issues and their impact relating to the delivery of large change programmes
Experience of managing people effectively within a customer focussed services delivery organisation
Experience of the principles of operating a business in a competitive environment and within a public sector context
Experience of contributing to partnership and multi-agency working
Practical knowledge of project management techniques and leading a team to deliver to standard and timescale
Knowledge and understanding of the aims and objectives of housing services
Experience of service improvement
Experience of managing financial resources
Utilising a range of ICT systems and applications2. Qualifications
NQF Level 7 qualification e.g. Post Graduate Certificates and Diplomas with extensive experience in the relevant specialist area and other related areas of work, or a wider range of areasOr
Evidence of the equivalent level of knowledge gained through work experience
Evidence of continuing professional development