Who We Are Looking For:
A Software Development Manager
who will provide leadership, governance and control to all staff members located throughout the UK working within the remote development team.
The Remote Development
function is a large team within Technology and comprises of a talented group of skilled software developers located throughout the UK.
The role is primarily line and resource management, as well as acting as the escalation channel between the team and the technology offices. As such, this role is key to ensuring the continued efficiency and success of the remote development function. You will also work closely with other internal technology stakeholders to ensure that the team is operating at the peak of its ability.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced and involves constant dialogue with the team as well as a large group of technology stakeholders.What You Will Be Doing:
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Attributes:
- Managing all aspects of the remote development team including its capability, capacity and demand.
- Working with technology stakeholders at all levels to ensure appropriate, fit for purpose solutions are defined, planned and produced within the team.
- Taking ownership of issues and development deliverables in a managerial capacity, seeing them through from start to finish.
- Creating and managing the active governance around quality, rules, standards and processes within the team, at all levels, providing assurance to internal policies where required.
- Producing effective methods and measures to understand, actively manage and improve the quality and productivity of the team through all work streams.
- Supporting the team in small works and projects; as well as individually.
- Relevant experience in software delivery and team management/co-ordination.
- Ability to operate in a demanding and dynamic environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple streams of activity shifting focus regularly.
- Self-motivated and driven, with ability to motivate and understand others.
- Experienced people manager who is well organised and skilled in effective time management, coaching, conflict resolution, task allocation and delegation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; possessing the ability to influence and manage a range of relationships in a complex environment.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to get messages understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.