Brooks Macdonald is a discretionary investment manager, formed in 1991. Since inception, the company has grown organically - funds under management rose from £1.22bn in December 2008 to over £13bn in June 2019. We employ over 470 staff, over 60 of whom are investment managers. Brooks Macdonald has been a member of the Alternative Investment Market since 2005. Headquartered in London, the Company has numerous offices across the UK and the Channel Islands.
We are curently hiring for an Investment Manager to cover Newcastle and surrounding areas.
The main responsibility of this role is to successfully originate new business and manage and serve existing business relationships. The role incumbent will be an exceptional business originator and client focused individual.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To build relationships within the IFA's, professional connections and clients community
- To establish regular contact with clients and PAs; whilst arranging and presenting the client portfolio on at least an annual basis
- Ensure that appropriate due diligence has been undertaken on proposals and management of portfolios to reflect the clients investment profile
- To gather market intelligence and client insights and work closely with the appropriate product specialists to design new product to benefit client portfolios
- Construct, implement and monitor specific client mandates, and where relevant other standard portfolios, ensuring that the investment falls in line with company policy, BITA risk tolerance, asset allocation recommendation and tolerances
- Where required, play an active role in the sector research process supporting the specific research team so that all reports are timely and kept up to date on an ongoing basis
- To monitor the performance of your clients and professional introducers regarding new business, investment performance, risk controls
- To contribute to an effective and positive risk management culture at the firm, taking responsibility for identifying, escalating and mitigating risks
- Ensure portfolios are consistent for clients and follow the specified investment profile
- To ensure the information is accurate for the account take on process
- Maintain appropriate level of ongoing CPD and minimum standards met within business area requirements
Skills and knoweldge required to undertake the role:
- Proven experience in investments
- Evidence of Process & Procedures implementation
- Demonstrates leadership traits
- Adherence to Brooks Macdonald Code of Conduct
- A thorough understanding of likely investment propositions for private clients
- A good understanding of investment strategy and asset allocation
- A sound understanding of the regulatory requirements around investments
- Required Level 6 regulatory professional standards
- In depth knowledge in all aspects of portfolio construction including risk and attribution management
- In depth broad investment product knowledge
Brooks Macdonald Group is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or marital status. As an organisation we actively promote flexible working.