A career in our Operational Restructuring practice, within Deals Business Recovery Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our clients survive an imminent crisis or simply fix gaps in their organisation. In joining, you'll help clients, among other things, reduce balance sheet stress, generate cash and reduce costs or refinance to find the best source of capital to support their business objectives. Whatever the solution, we help them manage road blocks until the job is done.
Our team provides organisations with pragmatic solutions for operational restructuring and resource management for a swift recovery and sustained future success. You'll work on performing short term cash flow reviews, advising on capital management, and assisting with stakeholder negotiations and restructuring methodologies.About the team
Our Business Restructuring Services (BRS) Operational Restructuring practice is the largest restructuring practice in the UK operating from 23 offices. We offer restructuring situational skills with functional expertise (business planning, cost reduction, cash and change management) and industry experience to our clients. Helping them develop sustainable solutions. In joining our Operational Restructuring team you will be working across a breadth if sectors including Corporate, Government and Public Sector.About the role
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our growing team to work on high-profile clients experiencing stress/distress to their business model and who require transformation, spanning a broad range of industry sectors.
You will be working with clients on operational restructuring, cost reduction and working capital improvement areas focused on identify and implementing sustainable performance improvement. Your work will include
Essential Skills and Experience
- Understanding key business processes and working capital requirements
- Identifying quick wins to improve earnings and build stakeholder confidence
- Identifying cash levers to smooth cashflow/ conserve cash
- Helping clients realise cash quickly from their operations through working capital management
- Helping client management develop and implement a turnaround or transformation programme
- Assessing operational and management teams within an organisation, identifying skill gaps
- Taking a "hands-on" role to manage stakeholders and inspire change
- Providing robust management and monitoring of change programmes
- Being responsible for the day to day leadership of projects with minimal oversight from a Director/Partner
- Preparing presentations and/or reports to key stakeholders (e.g. Board, management.)
- You will also be expected to take an active part in our team's development and will typically
- Contribute to the teams marketing efforts (both internal and external
- Become an active counsellor, coach and role model to junior team members
- The role will be based in Manchester, but requires flexibility to travel throughout the UK, with the potential to travel overseas, depending on client requirements
- Experience of leading operational improvement /turnaround or operational restructuring programmes
- Accounting, Engineer or relevant professional qualification (e.g. MBA, APICS, CPIM)
- Advisory experience from a management consultancy, corporate finance advisory firm or as an 'internal consultant' in a corporate
- Operations experience, across one or more sectors engineering, financial services, retail, industrial, consumer, high tech, utilities, logistics, telecoms and energy
- Proven P&L analysis, cash flow and balance sheet work
- Competent with spreadsheets, financial and operational KPIs. Comfortable with financial analysis
- Track record in business development
You'll be joining a team who welcome your outlook and knowledge, whilst providing you the opportunity to develop your skill set further within one of the world's leading professional organisations. With an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working requirements where appropriate and have many successful arrangements currently in place.Deals
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.