Care First Recruitment Ltd is currently recruiting Financial Service Officers with local authority experience
To provide financial services functions that support the achievement of the Boroughs operational objectives in accordance with Financial Regulations and proper accounting practice.
Duties and responsibilities
* Carrying out assigned financial duties using the council's financial systems.
* Taking responsibility for achieving the required key performance targets.
* Processing and monitoring payment request and discretionary payments.
* Raising work orders and liaising with appropriate budget holder for timely approval.
* Ensuring purchase orders are made and forwarded to contractors.
* Liaising with relevant staff to process goods receipting.
* Monitoring the receipt and payment of invoices enabling correct processing.
* Investigating any discrepancies liaising with Accounts Payable to resolve system issues as necessary
* Use multiple IT systems to create and / maintain appropriate filing systems in order to record, store and retrieve financial information in a timely manner.
* Setting up systems to enable periodical monitoring work flows and reporting on financial outputs.
* Process stationery and equipment orders, monitoring the budget and reporting on volume, prices and common products.
* Processing of expenses claims in accordance with Financial Regulations through the payroll system.
* Liaising with multiple stakeholders verbally and in writing to negotiate payment and disputes, prompting and coordinating action as necessary.
* Working independently using own
* The ability to presenting information in a clear and concise manner
* Promote genuine equality and diversity
* Take responsibility for the health and safety activities applicable to the post
* Experience of using and learning a variety of IT packages including word processing, spreadsheet and financial systems.
* Ability to organise own work and understanding of how this impacts the work of others.
* Able to undertake a variety of mathematical and statistical calculation.
* Good analytical, judgment and problem solving.
* Good Assertiveness and communication skills (written and verbal).
* Able to work to and deliver within tight deadlines.
You are required to have a minimum of 18 months experience