Care First Recruitment are currently recruiting Local Authority Business Support Officers for various London Boroughs
JOB PURPOSE: To process invoices for repairs, major works and services across the directorate to ensure the function consistently complies with the council's standing orders and financial regulation. Assisting with the preparation and checking of service charge costs for works and services to leaseholders to inform the annual service charge bill and deal with any queries. Ability to provide general support to the Business Intelligence Team to ensure a high-quality service is delivered to customers.
HOURS: 36 hours per week
PAY RATE: Varies depending on experience
* Hammersmith and Fulham
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Process all electronic and manual invoices; check cost codes, match them to orders and ensure that payments are only forwarded to the Finance team for payment when works are signed off by surveyor and/or managers.
• Monitor and investigate invoices that have been rejected or held for audit to ensure that contractual terms and standing orders are met.
• Inform the finance team about journal payments for works carried out by the Council.
• Monitor the computerised ordering system in order to identify procedures that have not been observed, correct errors and alert officers and managers for their action.
• Assist with tender processing, such as interrogating construction line to identify suitable contractors and generate tender lists, requesting financial checks, collating specification documentation, issuing tender documentation and arrange opening of tenders. Collate, prepare and issue contract documents to contractors.
• Raise sales invoices to recover costs from contractors, tenants and leaseholders and liaise with other teams to exercise any discretion about the recovery of costs.
• Co-ordinate all insurance, public liability and compensation claims made upon the department.
• Assist in the collation of costs for annual service charge billing
• Prioritise and deal with all customer complaints and members enquiries in accordance with the Council's time scales and standards and aim to resolve them to the customer's satisfaction.
• Provide general support to the Business Intelligence team
* Experience of collating and submitting statistical and budget information
* Good communications skills both verbal and non-verbal
* Experience of dealing effectively with customer enquiries and solving problems
* Good IT skills and ability to use Microsoft office and other IT packages create and use Word documents and Excel databases
* Must have a minimum of 12 months experience within a Local Authority