Principal Process Engineer-(CMS00008B)DescriptionWould you like to work on some of the world's most exciting projects?
Jacobs' nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors. We are involved in some of the most innovative and impressive projects across the globe, such as ITER - the world's largest fusion experiment.
We have offices in Knutsford and Warrington in Cheshire, as well as in Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria and Reading. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised. Our technical excellence and strong customer relationships put us at the forefront of our industry, along with our proven expertise in managing large, complex projects in the UK and overseas.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, colleagues and customers, collaborating to achieve outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Jacobs is currently recruiting for a Principal Process Engineer
with extensive experience in the nuclear industry.Your responsibilities will be supporting various and diverse nuclear clients providing process design and assurance in areas primarily including:
- Nuclear new build
- Technical assurance of design reports prior to submission to clients or regulators
- Design justification or assessment of new and existing process plants as part of safety reports.
- Key discipline contributor in Feasibility and Optioneering Studies.
- Hazard Identification Studies.
- Process Design Development
- Leading small teams of multidisciplinary engineers, both internally and combined with partner companies, joint-ventures and client teams.
- Production and Checking of process deliverables including:
And could also include work in the following areas:
- Process flow sheets,
- PFDs / P&IDs,
- Datasheets and underpinning calculations
- Basis of Design,
- Process Descriptions etc
- Waste retrieval and treatment
- Decommissioning projects
- POCO and care and maintenance projects
- Nuclear fusion
In this role you will also be expected to liaise with clients and key stakeholders at different levels, grow and develop process workstreams/ further business for Jacobs, and lead process based projects. QualificationsSkills / Qualifications:
- Proven track record of leading process based projects
- Demonstrable design and review experience in a highly regulated environment, preferably in the nuclear industry
- Degree qualified, chartered engineer
- Experience of business development and growing process workstreams
- Extensive stakeholder management skills
- Track record of mentoring and developing junior engineers.