The Education Specialists (TES) are recruiting Teaching Assistant/Support Workers to support within a school for students who have PMLD, complex needs and other various physical needs. The school is based in the Trafford area.
We will also be interested in candidates who have experience outside of a classroom setting. If you have experience working within a care setting for children and young people then this will be considered.
You will be supporting students on a 1:1 basis and also within small groups. Personal care will be involved, you will need to ensure you treat all pupils with dignity and respect. It is important you are passionate and patient as the students find it difficult to cope with change within the classroom.
Candidates will be of a caring disposition with a positive attitude and a desire to make a difference to vulnerable young people. You must be able to commit to working in a variety of school/residential settings throughout the Trafford area.
We are looking for staff who can provide the following support:
* Motivation for pupils and staff
* Provide emotional support to pupils
* You will need to be approachable and patient in order to build relationships
* Supporting individuals to complete set tasks within the classroom.
* Promoting independence within the school environment.
* Leading activities 1:1, under direction of the teacher.
* Supporting pupils to achieve their individual education targets
Previous experience working within this area is essential.
Applicant details and how to apply:
* Candidates will be required to hold an enhanced DBS certificate registered with the update service or be willing to purchase one at a cost of £40.
* Have undertaken Team Teach training or will be willing to undertake a refresher course which are offered as part of our staff training programme.
* Application is by CV and covering letter by clicking apply now.
* Candidates must be able to fully commit the post which commences as soon as a suitable applicant is selected.
* Salary, £60 a day depending on experience.
Individuals working for TES benefit from:
* Excellent rates of pay.
* Holiday pay scheme.
* Pension scheme.
* On-going support and guidance throughout your education career.
* A flexible approach to work.
* Permanent and temporary opportunities.
* A trained team of education consultants. For more information about this role and others here at TES (call the team today on (phone number removed).
Job Type: Temporary full-time
The Education Specialists are proud holders of the REC audited accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard