WHO ARE TWOGETHER?
We are a subsidiary of Next 15 and a Top 20 global marketing agency, which specialises in B2B tech. We look beyond how technology works and bring to life what it enables people and business to achieve. We have been awarded agency of the year in the past two years. WHO ARE NEXT 15?
Next 15 is a data and technology led marketing group which employs over 2,000 people across 49 offices in 15 countries. Within our family of marketing businesses, which includes 17 subsidiary agencies, we continue to focus on building our data, analytics and technology capabilities to ensure that we create precisely focused marketing and communications that generate value for our clients. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Commercial Finance Manager will be responsible for the accounting and reporting aspects of Twogether. They will be responsible for the revenue recognition and working with the Account teams to enable them to manage their projects effectively and efficiently.
As a qualified accountant, you will work closely with the Director of Finance to enable the effective day to day running of the finance function and to provide the best possible financial support to the broader business.RESPONSIBILITIESFinancial Reporting:
Budgeting and forecasting:
- Preparation of month-end management accounts including coordination of reporting process and detailed review and approval of all transactions processed by accounts receivable and accounts payable Team.
- Responsible for all aspects of revenue recognition under IFRS15; reconciliation of monthly accrued and deferred revenue.
- Review the output of junior members of the team and assist with problem-solving as required.
- Ensure integrity of data in the company's ledger system, Maconomy.
- Review of the reconciliation of suppliers' purchase orders between Salesforce and the Media Reporting tool, Concept.
- Reconciliation and submission of quarterly VAT return.
- Responsible for review of monthly payroll, approval of the payment runs and monthly payroll journal. Also, yearly payroll tax submissions, i.e. PSA submission.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation and perform final reviews of the team to report accurate monthly results both internally and to the parent Company.
- Annual management of yearend process, acting as first point of contact with external auditors.
- Ensure the financial control environment is appropriate for the business now and with expected growth.
- Contribute to P&L budgeting and reforecast process, working with Director of Finance and local office leads to ensure forecasts are accurate and that business plans are commercially sound.
- Assist in the maintenance of rolling revenue forecasts.
- Support the Client Services team with any ad hoc requests. Work closely with the account teams to keep a check on budgets, drive efficiency and answer other queries they may have.
- Ensure Client Services team receive the finance support that they need for month end reporting.
- Ensure that information kept by the account teams is reconciled regularly between the CRM system (Salesforce) and Maconomy.
- Ensure that data in Maconomy is kept up to date and accurate e.g. old projects and POs are closed.
- Provide support to the other Support Services (HR, IT, Office management) to ensure smooth running of the business.
- Continue to drive process improvement and efficiency between the systems used by the business.
- Ensure all team output is of the highest standard
- Demonstrate complex problem solving and effective decision making
- Ideally 3+ years post qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) experience in a Financial Reporting role.
- University degree with 2:1.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Someone who embraces change and constantly looks to drive process improvements.
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience in a similar role (preferably an agency).
- Ability to perform under pressure whilst maintaining a consistent level of work output.
- Ability to think outside the box - natural problem solver and not afraid to propose a different approach.
- Excellent people and presentation skills when discussing finance matters with non-finance individuals.
- Strong IT skills - Excel, Word and Maconomy experience would be advantageous.