The Finance Analyst will manage the economic evaluation and analysis for Ocean Winds in the UK, supporting project development and construction teams with a special focus on economic/financial modelling. Main Accountabilities:
- Continuously maintain, enhance and operate economic models to provide reporting to the project management team, UK business unit finance team and project stakeholders such as lenders and lenders' advisors.
- Engage with wider project team including project controls, commercial and technical staff to define and optimise the interface between project cost and technical parameters and the financial model.
- Provide detailed analysis of the on the ongoing economics of projects which can be reported at board level.
- Provide regular and ad hoc analysis to support project and financial decision-making processes.
- Support yearly business planning with regards to financial modelling and contribute to the integration between project financial models and requirements of project sponsors and lenders.
Required Academic and Professional Experience:
- Engage with independent financial advisors where required in order to develop and validate financial models and associated assumptions.
- A degree in finance, economics, mathematics or engineering is required.
- A minimum of 2 years' professional experience in economic/financial modelling is required
- Professional experience of economic/financial modelling in the context of energy/infrastructure projects is highly desirable.
Demonstrable knowledge/skills in the following areas is required:
- Advanced Excel based modelling skills.
- Demonstrable business, economic and financial knowledge.
- Knowledge of energy or other infrastructure projects.
Demonstrable knowledge/skills in the following areas is desirable:
- Experience working with @Risk modelling.
- Corporate and energy project finance structuring.
- Renewable energy technologies and project economics.
- UK tax and accounting practices.
- Self-starter with a proactive approach.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the project team and to engage (where required) with external stakeholders.
- Attentive to detail with strong logical structuring, written communication, organisational and time management skills.
The project has an international team of employees and the working language is English. Candidates need to be fluent in English both spoken and written. Proficiency in other languages will be valued.Location: