Product ManagerJob Purpose
To plan and deliver brand and consumer correct product, fully supported, into the right place, at the right time to secure sell-through that efficiently delivers against sales and margin goals.Reports to
Brand & Creative DirectorMain Responsibilities:
· Across all product categories (apparel, backpacks and accessories) plan and deliver the seasonal execution of channel-right assortments with market-right pricing (RRPs) to:
- deliver concept sufficiency at the point of sale
- drive sell-through
- deliver seasonal KPI targets (including sales and product gross margin)
· Develop the visual merchandising line plan and deliver clear, decisive and commercial style briefs including:
- silhouette/feature-set/fit/# colourways/RRP/FOB/lifecycle/intro date
· Collaborate with Design and Development managers and teams to execute all briefs on-time and with excellence
· Maintain the seasonal Product Line Plan ensuring real-time accuracy in all dimensions
· Deliver a complete and effective handover of the seasonal product range to the commercial teams with relevant and compelling selling arguments and sell-in tools
· Deliver all product marketing content for sell-in and sell-out toolboxes including on-product communication and packaging briefs
· Deliver the contributions needed by all dependencies and processes on time and in fullCandidate profile:
- A highly commercial 'product seller', not just a 'product maker'
- 6+ years' experience of merchandising international apparel collections including substantial time in a retail environment
- A strong understanding of technical performance apparel product creation
- A good understanding of the wholesale go-to-market process
- A strong understanding of the European outdoor industry and empathy with the emerging paradigm shift towards the mainstream
- Fastidious attention to detail and is a pragmatic, adaptable doer who is willing to roll up their sleeves
- Must be at absolute ease with numbers & the ability to track, analyse and report data
- Must have the ability to handle pressure, deadlines and critical decision-making
- IT literate with mastery of Excel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Has a passion for work that is paralleled by a passion for going further, faster outdoors
Location: Ashington, Northumberland
Full time (37.5 hours/week)
Competitive salaryAbout Montane:
Montane is one of the fastest growing premium outdoor brands in Europe. Recent investment from Inverleith LLP will provide an acceleration of this growth and open new opportunities.
We specialise in creating technical clothing, backpacks and accessories for fast-paced mountain sports, where design and performance are of the highest quality.
We have a young, ambitious, dynamic team motivated by a love of the mountains and with a passion for producing exceptional products in line with our 'Further. Faster.' brand vision. We are represented in many territories around the world and have a head office in Northumberland and a showroom in the Lake District.
Application closing date: 8th October 2020.
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.