Assistant Management Accountant
Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Frogchem specialises in the production of high quality cleaning and janitorial products.
As part of our expansion programme an opportunity has arisen for a full or part time, permanent Assistant Management Accountant to join our team at our offices in Gosport, Hampshire.
We are looking for a talented, experienced assistant management accountant capable of managing the financial processes of a commercially focused innovative company. Ideally we would also look for someone who has experience of, or is capable and willing to manage the Xero integrations specifically with PayPal.
Reporting directly to and supporting the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be enthusiastic, self-driven, discreet and exceptionally organised. You will be unflappable with a proven ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You will possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
This is an extremely diverse role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee posting of all payments coming in and out of the bank accounts, maintaining our banking records and monitoring the daily cash-flow.
· Liasing with the sales administration team relating to customer queries
· Oversee reconciliation of customer accounts regularly, posting any unallocated cash and matching off credit notes where appropriate.
· Assist with purchase ledger
· Generating proposed payment runs for authorisation and input to the bank.
· Assist with management of the goods received not invoiced reporting.
· Assist with maintaining new and existing suppliers within the accounting package.
· Process all intercompany invoices and perform all monthly reconciliations.
· Reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
· Reconcile all bank accounts on a monthly basis.
· Prepare and submit VAT, Intrastat and National Statistics returns.
· Provide support for the preparation of management accounts and month-end reporting including journal, accrual and pre-payment posting.
· Responsible for the implementation of an efficient accounting framework.
· Documenting and improving processes and to work closely with Senior Management to automate manual activities.
· Assist external auditors with any information request that is required for audit.
The above list of main duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and you may be asked to carry out other ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Skills & Requirement
· Minimum 5 years' relevant working experience in a commercial accounting environment in a senior role.
· Must have experience working with Xero.
· Minimum 2 years' experience working with shopify/paypal accounts preferable
· Must have experience and feel comfortable working in a small accounting office where there is a requirement to multi task.
· Must have Banking Product knowledge
· Must have Electronic Money and Payment Services experience
· Results orientated, able to clearly communicate at all levels with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence peers.
· Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
· Accuracy and attention to detail is key.
· Ability to work to deadlines & plan ahead.
· Team player with flexible attitude.
· Enthusiastic and positive personality.
· Target driven and a philosophy of continuous improvement.
· Commercial awareness.
· Experience of working for a manufacturing company
· Excel skills - build pivot tables, create advanced formulas (nested if, vlookup, hlookup, index), create macros would be a distinct advantage
Whilst a formal qualification would be welcome, the right attitude, experience and skills will be key in this appointment.
Location: UK - Head Office at Gosport
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday- Friday
Package: Dependant on skills and experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent