Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment. Please note - Office locations considered for this role are Bristol, Dorking, Basingstoke, Gloucester
As part of our Supportability Engineering consultancy business, you will be part of a team delivering work programmes across potentially 2 markets: Space and Defence. You will be adapting and developing methodologies to suit these areas, whilst building and maintaining relationships between us and the customer.
Experience is required in developing through life Supportability Engineering strategies on major acquisition programmes and the ability to apply the principles and processes of Supportability Engineering to complex engineering systems. Additionally, experience of Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) programmes would be advantageous.
You will have recent experience working within either of the Space or Defence sectors on Supportability Engineering programmes (including Integrated Logistic Support).
Preferably you will have held a recent position within a consultancy or engineering business environment working either as a Supportability Engineer, or held an Integrated Logistic Support post in the Ministry of Defence (MOD) or as a Defence contractor.
You will have good working knowledge of the applicable standards for Supportability Engineering in your current sector; having an understanding of the role of Supportability in the context of the Defence Logistic Framework (DLF) or industry specific standards would be advantageous.Requirements
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Ability to develop Supportability strategies for complex equipment at various stages of the CADMID cycle from both a technical and commercial perspective;
- Recent demonstrable ability in managing and delivering Supportability activities during the whole (CADMID cycle) lifecycle of acquisition programmes;
- A good understanding and track record of managing and undertaking formal Supportability analyses as applied to complex acquisition programmes (including Supportability Analysis tasks and Supportability Case development);
- Experience of developing Supportability documentation such as Management Plans, Element Plans, Case Reports etc.;
- Experience of direct liaison with customers and management of the relationships.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Development of Supportability System Requirements for Acquisition programmes;
- Experience of delivering R&M programmes;
- Experience of managing / mentoring junior Supportability engineers;
- An understanding of the MOD's Support Solution Envelope (SSE) and the Support Solution Development Tool (SSDT);
- Experience of Asset Management.
Additional similar Requirements and Essential Skills in other market sectors (i.e. Rail, Oil and Gas, Renewables etc.) would also be considered favourably.
Ideally, you will have a degree level education in engineering or equivalent or, alternatively, significant formal training in Supportability techniques.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent communication, written and presentation skills.Benefits
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Happy To Talk Flexible Working
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Season rail ticket loan