Do you have experience in working within a busy finance function including responsibility for revenue, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and cash forecasting? If so, we may have a role that may be of interest to you.
Our client, a leading financial and technology services firm based in Edinburgh, is looking for a Senior Finance Assistant to join the team on at initial 13-month maternity cover contract.Essential Skills/Experience:
- Similar accountancy experience required and preferably gained within a financial services environment
- Ideally be studying for the AAT (Association of Accounting Technician) or equivalent
- Fluent in MS Office Excel
- Sage experience is essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- To plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure the monthly oversight and reporting is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Good organisation and administrative skills
Job reference: 12880
- Responsible for revenue, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and cash forecasting and enforcing credit policy
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Contribute to the year-end financial statements and audit processes
- Contribute to the drawing up of budgets during the yearly budget setting process and preparing variance analysis through the year
- Prepare and process quarter- and month-ends
- Ensure key accounting reconciliations are performed on a timely basis and in line with standard operating procedures with review or performing bank, credit card and cash reconciliations
- Cash management across multiple accounts and currencies and processing creditor payment runs across multiple currencies
- Working closely with the Finance Manager and reviewing work completed by the Accounts Assistant
- Assist the Finance Manager in ad hoc assignments, including the preparation of statutory returns (FCA and ONS), and assisting with the collation and preparation of Management Information
- Maintaining accurate accounting records
- Liaising with all levels of the business, clients, and suppliers
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.