Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to head up our team of site engineers and develop the Engineering Department.
The position will involve training and mentoring the team, reporting (generally GIR reports), engineering input for tenders, identifying and implementing where we can make improvements, client interaction and working alongside the Ops Manager to allocate engineers to projects.
You will have the ability to work from home providing that you are in our head office (Milton Keynes) when required which we would anticipate to be 3-4 days per month (accommodation provided) What essential skills, traits and experiences are required?
We would also like, but not essential:
- Degree or equivalent in Geotechnical Engineering/ Engineering Geology
- 5 years relevant experience in supervising and delivering site investigations to British Standards
- Passion for learning new skills and teaching/ mentoring, seeing others develop
- Technical ability, you must be able to see the big picture then adjust the works to fulfill the desired outcome
- Proven ability to manage projects and people
- Chartered status
- Proven ability in managing commercial, contractual and financial issues
- Knowledge of the railway industry and an understanding of railway infrastructure
For a full job description or informal discussion then please contact us on 01908 321925 or firstname.lastname@example.org