Our people are at the very heart of what we do, they are the reason our clients work with us to solve some of their greatest challenges. At Frazer-Nash, we want all of our people to feel they belong, confident in the knowledge that we value and respect the commitment they have made by entrusting their careers and expertise to us.
We are committed to fostering a working culture that brings out the very best in our people, regardless of their circumstances, identity or background. We want our people to be themselves, feel empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals, and know that we respect the unique value they bring to the company. In support of this, we encourage thoughtful behaviours and work to foster a collaborative working environment.Please note this role can be located in either our Glasgow or Bristol office
We are a systems and engineering technology consultancy that helps organisations deliver innovative engineering to make lives safe, secure, sustainable and affordable. Our people join us to make an impact on the world and to learn from some of the best minds in the industry. Our people stay with us because they value our highly supportive team environment and the career opportunities provided by our sustained growth.
Frazer-Nash electrical engineers support a broad range of electrical projects within defence, energy and industry sectors.
The vast majority of our client base are highly regulated and safety critical industries, often our clients' are delivering the highest profile engineering challenges in the UK. We are currently working on nuclear new build and plant life extensions to existing power stations, defence facility upgrades, renewable energy and storage schemes; as well as marine power system development, asset management and process plant design projects and have an appetite to grow each of these service capabilities.
Our electrical engineers support these challenging activities across the project lifecycle, from requirements capture, FEED to qualification and commissioning, also providing robust independent technical assessment of proposed designs in support of clients and Regulators.
Our Electrical Engineers undertake a range of projects across all sectors from civil nuclear sites and defence facilities to renewable energy and storage systems. The projects vary from small scoping and feasibility studies for modifications or upgrades to the design of complex process plants including nuclear power stations and COMAH sites.
Our work often has a safety critical element and interfaces with other teams within Frazer-Nash to deliver a multi-disciplined service offering, managing these interfaces and effective communication internally and to clients is an essential element of this role.
The candidate should have a strong technical project delivery background; with experience which should include several of the following:
- Delivery of innovation projects in the transmission and distribution sector, taking new systems and technologies from concept through to delivery.
- High voltage AC and DC electrical power and distribution system design, including power system / grid connection studies.
- Managing the production, verification and approval of: electrical reports, specifications, and detailed design drawings.
- Specialist equipment support, for example: generators, transformers, switchgear, cables.
- Managing a project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget.
- Client facing to develop requirements and negotiating contracts / agreements, and progress reporting and risk management.
- Mentoring and development of electrical engineers.
This is an exciting time to join our team and help grow our electrical engineering capability. There is a real opportunity for the role to offer progression and professional development into new sectors.Requirements
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years' HV electrical engineering experience in a relevant industry
- MSc in Electrical Engineering (Or equivalent experience)
- Technical leadership on projects
- Have up to date knowledge and experience in the electrical discipline in particular relation to the following:
- Electrical Design (FEED and Design Specification)
- Verification of design/substantiation deliverables
- Transmission and Distribution
- Industrial and Energy
- Private Wire Networks / Micro Grids
- Experience with working to the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Experience of working with:
- DNO / National Grid
- Private Wire Networks / Micro Grids
- Marine Power System Design
- Power Electronics
- Earthing Schemes
- Power Systems Asset Management ISO 55001 Certified
- Power System Modelling (Digsilent, ETAP, Amtech, SimPowerSystems)
- Interfacing with Regulators (ONR, Ofgem, ORR, etc)
We provide an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan
- We are happy to talk about flexible working
Frazer-Nash is undergoing a period of significant investment in our Electrical, Electronic and Control capability. We are looking for world beating engineers who understand Systems Engineering Principles and take on the challenge of applying their Electrical Engineering skills in a consultative environment.
Joining our one of our Electrical teams you will get the opportunity to work with recognised industry experts on some of the most challenging projects within the UK.