Leader Education is currently recruiting for a full time SEND Teacher to work in a special school in the Wisbech area. The school supports pupils ages 10-16, taking a pupil centred approach to learning, encouraging pupils to take ownership of their learning and development.
The school introduces their students to a wide range of knowledge, skills and experiences and has clear, positive expectations for behaviour and well-established and effective positive reinforcement strategies. You will be working with pupils who are often disengaged and display challenging behaviour. Experience working with students with SEND is essential for the role. The role is on a permanent basis and required to start immediately.
This a permanent role and the salary ranges from £23,500 - £32,000 per annum.
The successful candidate will have:
* QTS or equivalent
* The ability to teach a range of subjects across the board including;
* Art & Design
* Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)
* Preparation for working life
* Successful experience supporting students with special educational needs and disabilities
* A non-judgemental and calm approach to behaviours that challenge
* A valid Team Teach qualification or the availability to attend our next training course
* Excellent behaviour management skills
If you think this role is for you please click the 'apply now' button or alternatively please contact Laura at Leader Education on (phone number removed).
What we offer:
* Competitive rates of pay equivalent to a permanent salary
* Ongoing training and CPD
* Regular feedback from schools on your performance
* A range of schools/settings to expand your experience
* A dedicated consultant for ongoing support
* Candidate socials where you get to network with other education professionals
Leader Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all applicants must go through a thorough vetting procedure, including enhanced DBS and reference checks