Tommies Childcare is a Sunday Times Top 100 company and holds a 3-Star Best Companies accreditation, which means our people have extraordinary levels of engagement. We are searching for a highly talented and exceptional Nursery Manager to join our brand new nursery in Derby.
Thornhill Day Nursery & Pre-school in Derby is due to reopen in January 2021 following an exciting renovation and extension, which we believe will make the nursery the flagship childcare centre in the city.
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced and skilled Manager to lead and manage a unique nursery setting.Salary:
£30,000.00 - £32,000.00 per annumWorking Hours:
40 hours per weekTo be a successful applicant, you must:
Your responsibilities as the Nursery Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Have a proven track record of increasing and maintaining high occupancy levels
- Have exceptional leadership abilities and the ability to inspire your team
- Have sound knowledge in using a nursery management system (e.g. Connect Childcare, Famly, Redfish etc.)
- Understand the importance of employee engagement and the impact of a positive workplace culture
- Have an approachable manner and be able to build positive relationships with parents, children, and colleagues
- Have a commitment to your own personal development and actively seek out training and development opportunities
- Ideally have a minimum of 3 years' relevant experience as a Nursery Manager; and
- Hold a relevant Early Years/childcare qualification, Level 3 or higher.
- Increase and maintain high occupancy levels of the nursery, ensuring the ongoing sustainability of the nursery setting
- Provide efficient day-to-day management of the nursery, showing confidence in managing staffing costs effectively
- Provide training and mentoring to your staff team
- Create a positive culture where employee engagement is seen as an important workplace factor
- Uphold excellent standards of childcare and embed best practice
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with families and colleagues
- Maintain a sound knowledge of company policies and procedures, safeguarding and welfare requirements, and Ofsted guidance; and
- Network with and support other nurseries within the Tommies Childcare group.
- 50% childcare discount
- 10% friends and family childcare discount
- Annual awards ceremony
- Minimum of 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays, rising to 35 days through the length of service and attendance bonuses
- 6 weeks full maternity pay plus 6 weeks 1/2 maternity pay
- 2 weeks' full sick pay per year
- Additional paid time off to support your mental health and wellbeing
- Quarterly bonus scheme, earning you up to an additional £1,100 per year
- Awards for Good/Outstanding Ofsted gradings
- In house training and development opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme; and
- £250.00 employee refer-a-friend bonus scheme.