Machine Shop Manager
A Machine Shop Manager is required to provide leadership to the machine shop department teams, delegating and managing workload in order to achieve the required levels of quality and daily output. Candidates with experience within a production machine shop environment, especially from the motorsport, automotive or aerospace sector industries, would be well received.
Due to a recent restructure this company, an award-winning transmission technology specialist based in Thatcham, requires a proactive Machine Shop Manager to oversee the daily workings of machine shop operations. As the Machine Shop Manager you are required to:
- Manage the success of the machine shop departmental teams to meet and exceed both manufacturing's and the business' targets, including identifying and delivering meaningful cost reduction
- Introduce, embed and manage problem-solving methodologies across the factory, whilst working closely with the Quality Manager and the manufacturing support office business improvement team
- Introduce, embed and manage continuous improvement (CI) methods and opportunities across the factory
- Engage with, support and where relevant manage the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) process applicable to the machine shop
- Develop and manage the machine shop KPI reports to support the organisation's goals and strategy, including liaising with the Plant Manager and senior Leadership Team to assist in the setting of operational and Capex budgets, and to operate within those budgets
- Responsible for the production and planning of daily machine shop operations
- Plan and review workload, ensuring manpower is effectively trained in delivering targets on a cost effect basis, and identify and recruit additional manpower as required
- Manage shop floor consumable stock and introduce new and improved stock control processes
The Machine Shop Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally degree qualified in mechanical engineering or relevant discipline
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Good understanding of Engineering drawings, a good understanding of manufacturing principles, a good understanding of PFMEA or equivalent problem-solving techniques and have working knowledge of ERP Systems
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with good organisational skills and a structured approach to problem solving to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Thatcham based transmission technology specialist will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Machine Shop Manager / Supervisor and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Machine Shop Manager role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.