Role: Financial Controller
ITSS are working in partnership with a rapidly expanding group of companies within the Construction industry who are looking to hire an experienced Financial Controller who can come in and really make the role their own. With strong international presence, this represents an excellent opportunity for someone who is used to delivering a no surprises way of working.
Key responsibilities include;
- Ensure the local finance team is engaged and motivated that their duties/tasks are fully explained and understood and carried out in accordance with the high standards and tight timelines required by the business. Ensure there is adequate cover for all key duties in the event of absence.
- Conduct regular performances appraisals and assist staff in designing and implementing training and development programs.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen financial systems and controls and lead the implementation of these improvements.
- Build and develop models to predict and track project financial performance including cash flow movement and profitability and to track the delivery of planned procurement benefits.
- Reporting to the Finance Director and responsible for the day to day leadership, management and development of the Finance team.
- Deliver timely high-quality monthly management accounts including trading and project level analysis, overhead analysis and short- and long-term cash flow analysis and supporting KPIs to support business objectives.
- Working closely with the Commercial and Operations colleagues, develop and manage ongoing project review analysis to be able to highlight as early as possible any issues with or variances from program which could have a financial impact on the business. -
- Ensure risks, opportunities and contingencies are fully reported.
- Provide analysis of project performance versus initial tender/budget to support the project review process and understand reasons for and impact of changes.
- Deliver statutory reporting, audit and tax reporting requirements. Ensure books of accounts are properly maintained and that all key reconciliations are carried out on a timely basis.
- Stay up to date with relevant accounting, regulatory and other developments that impact the group and be able to advise colleagues on the same.
- Exercise strong control over collections and payments in line with Group policy and financial controls
- Approve weekly and monthly payroll and supply chain payments in line with Short Term and Long-Term cash flow projections
- Manage and report overheads in line with the budget. Ensure robust analysis is in place to support any approval requests for overhead spend that is outside of budget.
- Take an active role in the preparation of the annual budget by providing financial information, analysis and commentary.
- Ensure full compliance with tax reporting and payment requirements.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects to implement new systems, processes and controls in accordance with project plans and timelines