We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities, we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
· We believe that we are what we do.
· It's more than just wanting to do better.
· At Amey we're proud to be the better
We are currently expanding our team and require Mechanical Technicians with specialist experience in Welding, Pressure Vessels, Combined Heat and Power Gas Systems, Turbine maintenance and servicing and Steam Valves.
The Mechanical Technician shall support the Lead Mechanical Engineer in maintaining services, plant and apparatus in all areas of the plant and across the three technologies. Our facility has a Mechanical Treatment Plant, Anaerobic Digester and an Advanced Thermal Treatment Plant.
This role will require the successful applicant to provide technical leadership and mentoring to Maintenance Team members within the sphere of their core technical competence and lead in the effective delivery of the planned and unplanned maintenance activities at site.
- Help to maintain standards as set out in the KPI's
- Communicate problems and concerns promptly through line management or the CMMS ensuring quick resolution
- Ensure the health, safety and security of staff, customers, premises and equipment by encouraging and monitoring best practices always
- Comply with all Health and Safety Legislation
- Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to
- Always undertake role in a professional and safe manner
- Carry out team briefings and tool box talks
- Perform PPM checks, inspections and reports in an efficient and prompt manner
- Experience in working with a Computerised Maintenance Management or willing to undertake training at a level applicable to role.
- Good understanding of proactive maintenance strategy and condition monitoring.
- Experience of carrying out mechanical maintenance.
- Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential.
- IOSH qualification
- CSE/GCSE equivalent
- EFW Maintenance experience of 3 or more years
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding and writing of SSoW and Risk Assessments
- Work within a Permit to work system
§ Specialist proven skills in one of the following Coded Welding, Pressure Vessels, Combined Heat and Power Gas Systems maintenance and servicing , Steam Turbine maintenance and servicing, Steam Valves. Experience
- Previous experience of working within the role required.
- Experience maintaining EFW plants
- Experience supervising a working party under SSoW and RA.