The Procurement Team Leader is responsible for the management of all aspects of procurement and inventory management for the business.
- Manage the sourcing of all goods and services, to be delivered in full on time (DIFOT), to the expected level of quality, and in budget.
- Drive an ?as low as reasonably practicable' (ALARP) culture throughout the supply-chain, ensuring the right level of quality achieved at all times.
- Maintain and evaluate the supply base, ensuring collaborative relationships are forged around critical goods/ services, and opportunities exploited where a position of strength is identified.
- Mitigate supply-chain risks, such as single sourced goods/ suppliers, by working with Sales and Engineering in a collaborative and pro-active manner.
- Develop, manage and implement suitable supply-chains in line with the strategic requirements of the
- Identify and introduce suppliers that offer a good fit to Strainstall's strategic position.
- Instil robust and effective expediting of all open orders, ensuring the wider business is kept abreast of any movements to the supply-chain.
- Manage inventory (and warehouse staff), ensuring levels are appropriate to fulfil both the business demand, and achieve working capital targets.
- Maximise creditor days performance, ensuring the continuity of supply is not compromised.
- Drive cost reduction programmes through sound negotiations.
- Proactively impart supply-chain knowledge into the Design Office, ensuring cost reduction/ avoidance through concurrent procurement-engineering at the conceptual stages is realised.
- Drive a positive culture throughout, ensuring all activity, education, and development (of both people and process) is underpinned by a customer-centric, commercially focused and sustainable approach.
- Demonstrates an uncompromised commitment to health and safety.
- Proactive, effective communicator
- Problem solver with a ?can do' approach
- A strongly customer service orientation and structured and disciplined in approach
- Looks to challenge the accepted norms and willing to try new ways of doing things
- Promotes a proactive learning culture within the team and wider business
- Highly organized and process driven
- Results orientated and celebrates success.
- Possess the drive, enthusiasm and desire to grow and develop the business collaborating with other departments where necessary
- Demonstrates the highest levels of integrity, honesty and professionalism, leading by example.
- Proven leadership in a procurement capacity, including supply chain management.
- Experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- A Mechanical or Electronics background is preferable
- Excellent organisational and negotiation skills.
- Commercially focused
- Proven team leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent written, numerical and communication skills.
- Computer literate - MS Office, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
James Fisher & Sons are committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.