Job Title - Contracts Assistant - Procurement Location - Milton Keynes Rates - £127.42 Umbrella OR £111.25 PAYE per dayIn Scope of IR35 My client is looking for a Contracts Assistant for a period of 6 months with a view to extending to join their busy team to be based in Milton Keynes. The successful candidate must be flexible and be self-sufficient - a contracts background and working in a Procurement environment is essential for this role.What you will do:
- Support the management of supply chain contracts to achieve the most cost effective delivery of goods and services.
- Collate data on all transactions incurred in delivering contracts. Investigate and reconcile transactions and costs as part of an end to end process
- Develop effective relationships with customers and suppliers. Develop and maintain processes for effective query resolution
- Support the team as required, to deliver a comprehensive service to the business areas.
- Provide data, analysis and commentary for management reports.
- Assist in supporting the timely collection of business unit commercial information and payment of business unit creditors.
- Assist in identification and implementation of quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Raising purchase orders
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers
- Updating the database - Oracle and inventory database
- Liaising with customers and suppliers products are engineering based
- Liaising with the Shared Services Department
- Discussing rates with suppliers
- Chasing invoices
- Excellent IT skills both word and excel
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and mandated processes with a high level of accuracy
- Good administration and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good commercial awareness
- A customer focussed approach
What we hope you will do next
- Railway knowledge
- Awareness of supply chain processes
- Experience within a customer service role
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.