Friars Pride is an independent family owned business and are seeking an experienced and ambitious Finance Manager
to join the team immediately. We span over three generations and supply Fats & Oils, Frozen Foods, Ambient Foods and Fish into the Fish & Chip, Catering and Bakery sectors. We have grown to become a premier supplier with a fleet of vehicles delivering to the Midlands, South Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, the East, the South, the South East and the South West of England. We employ nearly 200 people.
Due to an internal promotion, we are now looking for an experienced Finance Manager. The main purpose of this role is to be fully responsible for the Accounts Payable and Receivable Ledgers. You will also lead and manage a small team of Cashiers, Credit Controllers and Ledger Clerks to ensure the aged debt is managed and balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a timely basis.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will provide support to ensure suitable financial controls are in place and are being adhered to, as well as providing insightful analysis and partnering with all managers across the business. When required, you will also deputise for the Finance Director to support the business and the leadership team.
This role is a full-time position and will be based at our Peterborough site, however travel to our other depots across the UK will be required.
For this role you need to be able to demonstrate and have the following experience:
- A generalist finance background with a relevant degree. You will either be studying towards or fully CIMA qualified
- Experience of managing a team across multiple sites
- Familiarity with completing month end balance sheet reconciliations and a solid understanding of accounting principles
- Experience of credit control, and managing ageing of debt
- Supporting the month end process - preparation of management accounts, operational KPI's, and reviewing the results with non-finance managers
- Working with line managers to resolve their financial issues
- Assisting auditors to complete year end audit
- Preparing statutory government returns
To be a successful candidate for this position you need to have excellent communication skills, a fantastic eye for detail and be a self-starter with good time management skills. You need to have the drive to want to make a difference and be ambitious to develop your own career within a very successful, family owned business.
If you feel you have the right skill set for this role and you wish to receive more details please email our in house recruiter: email@example.com