JOB TITLE: Business Lecturer CONTRACT
: 0.6 FTESalary £
£23,615 - £35,656
Who we are:
Bradford College is a dynamic College in the heart of West Yorkshire, offering further education
and higher education to its diverse learners. The College has a strong commitment to delivering
an outstanding student experience through a broad and inspiring curriculum. We are
entrepreneurial, well-resourced, decisive, and committed to building the Bradford College
Brand through a period of cultural change resulting in meeting our strategic objective of
becoming an 'employer of choice'.
The successful applicant will teach A 'level Business within the Sixth Form.
Teaching and Learning
- To design and deliver a wide range of effective and inclusive teaching and learning activities
- To assess the work and progress of all students and provide them with constructive and timely feedback.
- To seek ways of improving student performance by reflecting on teaching design and delivery and obtaining and analysing feedback.
- To develop and apply innovative approaches to improving the learning environment, teaching and/or assessment and feedback methods
- Engage in professional development in relation to teaching, learning and assessment, including the use of an evidence-informed approach, which utilises the outcomes of scholarship to enhance teaching practice
- Contribute to course development and the development of new programmes of study demonstrating an inclusive and collaborative approach to delivery.
- Contribute to outreach and/or widening participation activity within the Department/ School
- Produce Plans of learning, lesson plans, assessment plans, varied learning materials and any other related activities that positively impact on the effectiveness of learning.
- Maintain records of formative and summative assessments of students' learning carried out.
- ·Plan, deliver and assess high quality teaching and associated activities on courses and programmes as specified by the Head of School/Department
- ·Participate pro-actively in the design, development and delivery of enrichment and enhancement activity
- To undertake research and/or scholarly activity that feeds directly into teaching and learning and as agreed by the Head of School/Department
Leadership of learning
- Work pro-actively to forward the success and vision of the department
- To be responsible for the supervision and leadership of an outstanding student experience on campus including monitoring attendance, progress and retention
- ·To act as an academic and pastoral tutor as specified by the Head of School/Department
- ·Responsible for agreed levels of progression (e.g L2-3, L3-4
- ·To undertake programme leadership duties as specified by the Head of School/Department (e.g programme team leadership/senior lecturer)
- ·To be responsible for the supervision and management of students on placements and offsite visits and activities
Information & Data
- ·To ensure that the enrolment, induction, monitoring, profiling and initial assessment of students is successfully completed and in a timely manner and in line with college policies.
- ·Devise individual learning plans and provide support for learners in line with the requirements of the curriculum.
- ·To be responsible for student discipline, counselling and guidance related to all assigned classes/programmes
- ·To participate in all relevant course committee and associated activities
- ·To meet the internal student progression targets from level to level and FE-HE
- ·To ensure the student voice is heard (NSS/Student council/SOCS etc)
- ·To participate in all recruitment and marketing activities as specified by Head of School/Department
- ·To participate in all College open days, career events, parents' evenings as well as promotional events both on and off College premises as specified by Head of School/Department
- ·To provide appropriate information to parents/employers through College reporting systems and open evenings/week ends
- ·To participate actively in the maintenance and promotion of close links with employers and training agencies
- ·To implement and promote college regulations, policies and procedures
- To participate in the development of workshops, laboratories and facilities, where appropriate.
- ·To undertake additional duties that may be required commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post.
- These duties may be amended from time to time by the line manager in consultation with the post holder
- ·Highly competitive salary dependent on experience
- ·Lucrative pension scheme
- ·Cycle to work scheme
- ·Industry Leading Training & Development opportunities
- ·Money saving options with local organisations
- ·Experience a dynamic company culture, challenging you to be your best
- ·Opportunity to be an individual and use your initiative to try new methods
If you are interested in the role please apply. Please note due to the level of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to give feedback at this stage. If you do not hear from us within 7 days of the closing date please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Bradford College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.Closing date: 18th September 2020