Heard of us?
We're an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams.Now is your chance...
The Enterprise Risk team is a high performing, high profile team that works hard to ensure that we demonstrate our experience and knowledge through balanced recommendations and oversight supporting senior management to make informed risk decisions.
The team provides key inputs to the Group's risk management, ensuring alignment with organisation objectives, best practice and regulatory expectations. It ensures that Risk has a clear understanding of emerging prudential requirements, developing effective relationships with third parties to ensure the group has a clear appreciation of the broader context and how it may impact strategy and approach.
The role of IRB Validation and Oversight Analyst is really important to us as it will work independently on the oversight and validation of IRB models which makes up part of the wider IRB programme.
Based in our dynamic Reading office you will report to the IRB Validation and Oversight Manager. What would your day look like?
What do we expect of you?
- Work independently on the oversight and validation of IRB credit risk models
- Provide clear and concise validation reports covering all material model risks
- Documentation of validation findings and communication of results to senior management and presentation to relevant committees.
- Input into the design of validation policies, processes and standards
- Keep abreast of IRB and other model validation regulation and developments
- Working with the IRB project team, provide insights into implementation strategies and pragmatic solutions
- Working with key stakeholders, support identification and implementation of enhancements based upon IRB model developments
What can you expect of us?
- At least graduate level (or equivalent) qualifications in statistics, banking, finance, econometrics, mathematics or related quant field.
- Solid programming skill including SAS with hands on experience in IRB or relevant credit risk modelling
- Extensive experience in quantitative modelling and/or model validation with focus on IRB models
- Good understanding of IRB regulations, credit portfolio management, stress testing and model uses for credit rating and capital estimations
- Proven stakeholder management
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our Customers.
- A smart yet comfortable working environment, well located for the daily commute and those lunchtime errands.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, for which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A visible and approachable ExCo; who you will very likely to bump into whilst making your morning coffee.
And of course you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential. Still Curious?
A lot can happen in a year!
In 2019 Our Client Group was formed; bringing together two very successful businesses, our parent companys umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services, with hubs throughout the UK, including London, Reading, Manchester and Cardiff.
We also celebrated our 10th Birthday and fundamentally 10 years of helping those with ideas; by saying yes to our customers. We've propelled entrepreneurs on their journeys; we've given first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we've opened up the lending market to many.
As for what the next 12 months has to offer; we are embarking upon the delivery of our Purpose; a Purpose that underpins our next 3 to 5 years as a growing business. Join us today and we will make the same Promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our Customers.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Our Client will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.Our Client is an equal opportunities employer