EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.Together, we can beat the climate crisis. Together, we can help Britain achieve net zero.
We're EDF and Britain's biggest generator of low carbon electricity. We're not only talking about climate change, we're doing something about it.
We're leading the charge for electric driving in Britain. Helping to build the nation's low carbon network and economy. Generating power from clean sources like, wind, nuclear and solar. Investing in research into new carbon cutting tech.
Our positive energy gets each of us up every morning, we're proud of the great things we're doing together.
If you want to build your future, join us and share our vision. Together, towards net zero.The Opportunity:
Over two years, you'll study for a Level 4 Facilities Management Apprenticeship whilst working within the Property Services Team.
Upon completion of the scheme, you will have achieved the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM) accredited L4 Diploma in FM.
This apprenticeship is aimed at someone who already has some existing relevant experience either through work experience or though completion of the Level 3 Facilities Management qualification.
The role will involve spending time at each of the significant EDF office locations around the UK to experience the different styles of operation required to support the businesses in that region, expenses will be covered.
Training will be with a centrally located training provider through subject specialists with strong sector experience utilising a variety of training methods and resources that are likely to include:
* Trainer led group training sessions / workshops face to face or online using video conferencing
* Individual training sessions face to face, telephone or video conferencing
* Resources - paper based, electronic and signposted external resources
* Online portfolio that can be accessed by learner and designated organisational contact
* Individualised approach
* Virtual Learning Environment
* Access to a Trainer through the portfolio, phone, text, email, IM
* Learn about other areas of the business through short projects and secondments
As you progress through your apprenticeship you will gain more knowledge and experience.
With this, you'll be expected to take on more responsibility to:
* Be responsible for technical tasks depending on your skills
* Represent the Property Services Team at forums and events
* Be responsible for particular policies, standards and other documents
This role will be ideally suited to someone who has been in a junior Facilities Management role & is looking to expand their management capabilities or someone who has been providing mechanical or electrical service delivery & is now looking to utilise their skills from a management perspective.The Future:
Once you've completed the scheme, you'll have both academic qualifications and years of experience within EDF. That means you'll be in the best possible position to continue your career. The future is yours for the taking!The Location:
During the apprenticeship you will be working within a team based throughout the UK, and spend time at each main office location, but primarily in the SW of England. Your time will be split between your EDF workplace and the Apprenticeship training provider.The Skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of the core elements within an FM role or prior completion of the level 3 FM qualification
- A high level of self-motivation with the ability to work under pressure
- Passion for, and awareness of Building and Facilities Management
- Willingness to attend off site training courses and study in own time to achieve a successful outcome to the apprenticeship
- Be willing and able to spend time across the UK at each of the main office locations to experience the operational unique aspects to the delivery of services relevant for different business units, expenses will be covered
- Upon completion of the apprenticeship, be flexible in primary work location to provide support where required to any of the regions across the UK
- Engaging with senior leaders of our business & taking charge of problem resolution scenarios will be a key requirement going forward, so you will need to have a good prior working knowledge of FM systems from an operational delivery perspective and be comfortable in engaging with senior managers.
Compensation & Benefits:
- 5+ years of work experience in a Facilities Management role
- Creative around problem solving
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of Hard & Soft FM service delivery
- High integrity with ability to interface with all levels of staff and management
- Good Project Management Skills
- Full UK Driving licence
- £30,000 a year (starting salary)
- Help towards travel costs
- Generous pension scheme
- 25 days paid holiday
- Flexible benefits
- Support from an EDF Mentor, Line Manager and Buddy throughout the apprenticeship
At EDF, everyone's welcome. It's a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we're about the people who work with us - a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that's vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we'll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Build your future. Share our vision. Together, towards net zero.