The main purpose of the role is to ensure Savills Prime Landlords and Tenants receive an effective, customer focussed property management service during their tenancy.
The Commercial Property Management department manages in excess of 8,000 properties on behalf of client/landlords, within the sector, This encompasses an approximate rent roll of £4BN and circa 65,000 tenants across the UK.
Regional offices service both local and national clients. For Property Management Finance, the regional teams are currently based in London City, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow and Leeds. Support teams work alongside and the Central Finance Team (cash/processing transactions) is located in the Manchester office.
The primary function of the role is to control the finances of client monies held (on behalf of Investors) in order to manage a property portfolio. The Client Accountant has the ultimate responsibility for all cash held within their clients portfolio, including rents and any service charge, sinking fund, deposits, VAT etc. The Client Accountant is to work within a team and take responsibility (solely or occasionally jointly with another CA) for an allocated client/property portfolio and to manage this accordingly in line with tasks detailed below.
The client selection includes national contracts serviced from each office. Savills client information is predominately held on MRI but the role may require personnel to work on one or more of our clients own Property Management systems.Key Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- Periodic reporting to clients (standard reports plus additional as required)
- Ensure accurate reconciliation of client reports i.e VAT, client statements....etc
- Maintain professional working relationship with clients and ensure that good client service is delivered
- Instruct Treasury Department (following the relevant approvals) of the following:
- Collection of monies
- Transfer of Rent monies to client
- Amendments to Client Accounts
- Payment of client property related transactions
- General maintenance of client funds i.e. tenant refunds etc
- Manage and maintain the Service Charge funds of each property under remit
- Manage and maintain the property and tenant (lease) database for all clients under remit
- Manage housekeeping of lease data and financial data on databases
- Liaison with Treasury Department and client to ensure that cash flow/funding for each property service charge is adequate
- Liaise with property Service Charge Team to ensure completion of service charges within best practice guidelines
- Deal appropriately with any property transfers as per internal guidelines
- Complete cash on site audits and monitor cash handling income
- Understand and clear outstanding items as identified on the annual balance sheet
- Carry out frequent housekeeping and cleansing of all cash balances held
- Ensure full understanding of all current, updated and newly created Internal Procedures that relate to the accounts functions
- Ad-hoc tasks/projects instructed by Team Leaders, Birmingham Client Accounts Managers and Head of Property Finance UK
- Ad-hoc tasks/projects instructed by Management
- Ad-hoc tasks/projects instructed direct by Client
- Manage specific communication between your line manager, Surveyor, Treasury, Service Charge and Operational teams in order to deliver the finance service for your client.
- Technical experience:-
- Microsoft Office - Intermediate or above
- PM accounts systems - currently customised version of MRI v10.4.0
- PM Dashboard system (Connect)
- Proactis (on-line purchase ordering system)
- All client systems required in order to carry out role
- All banking systems required to carry out role
Skills and Knowledge
- Maintain any qualifications required for your role
- Maintain membership of any required professional bodies
- Have at least 3 years' experience in Property Management Accounting
- Have at least 3 years' experience of Property Management systems
- Strong accounting/financial skills to at least technician/part qualified or qbe
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to details skills
- Excellent communicator
- Strong team player
To apply for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to Esther Armstrong, email@example.com
Please note, we will use your personal data to respond to your application. For further details, or to view our Privacy Notice or Group Equality & Diversity policy, see our website - savills.co.uk.
Savills is a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
Savills is an accredited Living Wage Employer.
Savills is a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champion programme - ensuring all LGBTQ+ staff are accepted without exception in the workplace.