Costain helps to improve people's lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK's energy, water and transportation infrastructures.
The Regional Delivery Partnership is a framework contract with Highways England for the development, design and construction of capital road projects that form part of the Regional Investment Programme during Road Period 1 (2015 to 2020) and Road Period 2 (2020 to 2025). The Costain Jacobs Partnership were awarded two lots; Lot 7 (East Region) & Lot 8 (North Region)
This vacancy relates to Lot 8 for the delivery of 3 schemes along the A1 corridor in Newcastle and Northumberland and in particular the delivery of the A1 Birtley to Coal House Widening scheme, currently in the design phase, and due for construction April 2021 through to late 2023
The intention will be that this role is generally carried out from the North East at our Hub located in Blaydon, Newcastle, however some remote working will also be possible, particularly during the current climate.What will I be doing?
- Working alongside the Jacobs team to lead the buildability input into the design
- Liaison with third party stakeholders such as HE Operations, etc to ensure that construction planning is developed in line with their requirements
- Leading the development of methodologies and programmes for construction of the scheme including phasing Developing strategies for the delivery of the works considering access and logistic constraints
- Development of cost estimates (working closely with the Project Commercial Team) for the works to enable selection of the most effective solutions
- Working within the operational team to ensure Safe, Efficient construction of the scheme
- Monitoring progress and regular reporting to CJP team and client
- Identifying and implementing technology solutions to improve project delivery and data insights
- Leadership for the implementation and supervision of SHE Systems on site including RAMS, Permits etc
- Ensure works are supervised on site and delivered in accordance with the works information
- Manage interactions between the client, stakeholders, delivery partners, designers and on-site team to resolve outstanding design and technical queries
- Be accountable for the quality of the constructed product by ensuring the full implementation of the project quality plan
- Active participation in project improvement (including innovation, SHE and quality)
- Build effective relationships and develop junior staff
- Civil Engineering related qualification (HNC, HND, BSc MSc, BEng, MEng).
- Experience delivering infrastructure projects
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme SMSTS.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to manage and control tasks and lead a team
- Willing to mentor and develop junior staff
- Experience in some or all of the following:
- Leadership of teams within multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects
- Delivery of major highways projects including both online and offline widening