An excellent opportunity for an Embedded Firmware Engineer to join a small, but fast-growing technology company. You'll be part of an existing R&D team, based in Birmingham, developing Embedded C/C++ for Telematics systems. This would be an ideal position for an Engineer with a proven experience and background within the vehicle electronics / automotive communication protocols.
This is an opportunity to work in a company with a passion for technology and innovation, to further enhance your skills within Automotive and in vehicle technology where hard work and dedication are rewarded generously.
• Reports to the Head of Engineering
· Candidate would be an integral part of a team working on embedded automotive diagnostics / telematics and related applications;
· Design and implementation of software for embedded devices and systems from project initiation, through to production, delivery and support;
· Design, develop, code, debug and test system software;
· Review code and support existing product portfolio;
· Develop, test and debug embedded C/C++ software;
· Analyse and enhance code efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources; and
· Provide post production support to the factory, sales and customers as required.
Person SpecificationEssentialSkills and competencies
DesirableSkills and competencies
- Expert in STM32 cortex devices and writing low level device drivers;
- Good organisational and high level problem-solving skills;
- Able to articulate technical concepts and ideas to other department team members;
- Ownership mentality is a key requirement within the team;
- Proven and successful embedded experience, ideally in more than one company or project/field;
- Produce technical, engineering and user documentation in accordance with a project plan and the Company's product development process and quality management system ISO 14229, 9141, I4230 and 15765);
- Experience of developing secure communication / data acquisition protocols over GSM/GPRS networks;
- Ability to follow specifications and procedures;
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality assurance principles, methods, design, testing and implementation;
- Strong development experience with internet protocols such as TCP, UDP and SMS;
- Knowledge of developing GPS applications and interfacing with GPS devices; and
- Experience of working with development tools (Keil) and source control.
- Understanding of low level CAN communication protocols;
- Automotive frameworks and standards such as MISRA C/C++, J1939 and OBD2;
- Understanding of using other languages; and
- Knowledge of telematics sector and its services.