As a Service Desk Manager, you will lead the transformation of the Service Desk and subsequent services through the advocacy, support, and proactive engagement of our users.
You will be responsible for managing a team who provide 1st line support, proactively addressing and resolving issues around the use of technology, and driving and delivering solutions.
Additionally, you will liaise with regional technical support functions to ensure a consistent service is provided.
Whilst possessing a technical understanding of your domain, you will remain close to the 'user experience' and be responsible for the quality of work being produced by the team, in response, taking ownership and leading by example.
Establishing strong professional relationships and working collaboratively across technology and the wider business. You will be accountable for delivering continuous improvement, taking opportunities to evolve services, including self-service, automation and user experience technology.Main Responsibilities:
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Managing, motivating and leading the Service Desk team, including training, 1-2-1's and personal development for team members.
- Contributing to the technology roadmap and strategy for improvement of services.
- Producing resource/delivery plans in conjunction with support tickets and operational checks.
- Driving the quality of the team's output.
- Ensuring the best use of technology to improve the user experience.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to help define and deliver a self-service capability and its promotion to improve end-user satisfaction.
- Keeping up to date with technology, vendors and solutions to assist in developing and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Producing and managing continuous improvement based on the use of data, management information and service targets agreed.
- Building strong relationships across a broad set of technology teams.
- Experience in leading a service desk or similar function.
- Extensive experience in developing, supporting and operating enterprise level toolsets, such as BMC Remedy or alternatives.
- ITIL Experience.
- Stakeholder management and ability to collaborate with people from different disciplines.
- Self-motivator; ability to use initiative and prioritise proactively.
- Team leadership and management.
- Outcome focused; delivering at pace and successfully.
- Excellent planning/resource planning skills.
- Demonstrable evidence of driving continuous improvement.
- Receptive to feedback and idea-sharing.