Accountancy Recruit are currently working with a modern, forward thinking firm that is involved in supporting clients with business strategy as well as typical outsourced accounting work.
The Senior Practice Accountant will provide professional financial advice to fee-paying clients as well as overseeing and reviewing the work of junior members of the team.
The candidate plays a strategic role reviewing data and making recommendations based on this - ultimately aiming to maximise profitability on behalf of their client.
Within this practice, Accountants are now seen as more holistic business advisers than traditional number crunchers.
This would be a good opportunity for anyone who wishes to continue in practice, reporting to the founder and Managing Partner of the firm, with potential to receive an equity % as the firm pushes towards further growth.
Day to day;
- Providing sound financial advice to SME's of all sizes
- Management of financial systems and budgets
- Undertaking financial audits
- Review VAT Returns
- Advising on tax planning
- Performing tests to check financial information and systems
- Maintaining records, preparing accounts and management information
- Advising on business transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions
- Advising clients on areas of business improvement, or dealing with insolvency
- Detecting and preventing fraud (forensic accounting)
- Managing junior colleagues and trainees
For more information on this role or for any advice on the next steps in your career please contact Mathew Kaye at Accountancy Recruit.