Your new company
Hays are currently working with a highly reputable and successful national law firm with a base in Colchester. This business work primarily with a large number of charities and housing associations and provide a broad range of legal services.Your new role
The Credit Controller assists the department with all aspects of debt collection, including
maintaining an effective and professional credit control system for the firm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This is not an exhaustive list and from time to time it may be necessary to vary these to meet
the department and business needs.
- Collection of outstanding debt by telephone and email;
- Managing the collection of debts and their status;
- Preparing weekly and monthly analysis of debtors for internal management purposes;
- Liaising with Partners and other fee earners with regard to queries from clients on unpaid bills;
- Keeping the Operations Manager fully informed of issues, and providing suggestions and solutions to deal with them
- Sending out monthly statements to clients and assisting with mail merges for the purpose of sending monthly statements;
- Assisting with projects and reports as and when needed;
- Maintaining an up to date and accurate record of query statuses;
- Maintaining an organised and accurate filing system.
This is a full time role working Monday to Friday and will initially be home based but will require travel to the Colchester branch in the future.What you'll need to succeed
What you need to do now
- At least 12 months experience of working as a credit controller within a law firm;
- Minimum of 5 A-C grades at GCSE or equivalent including grade B in English
- Language, Literature & Maths
- A high attention to detail to produce work/documentation which is consistently of a
- high standard;
- Proactive in alerting management to issues at an early stage;
- Excellent computer skills (competent in Excel and Word);
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload;
- Have a flexible approach to ensure all deadlines are met;
- Must be able to work as part of a team;
- Must possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Willingness to excel within an accounts environment and keen to learn.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.