Finance Business Partner £50,000 £60,000 plus Strong Benefits Package Solihull
Hamilton Woods Associates is recruiting for a great business in Solihull who are looking to strengthen their finance team through the addition of a Finance Business Partner who can provide commercial decision support to the regional management structure and marketing function. As the finance team is underdeveloped in terms of its business partnering capability, you will work with the business in terms of defining what it needs strategically in sales and operations and ensure the necessary reports and analysis are in place to drive results.Description:
In the role, you will act as the conduit between finance and the business sales and operations, with a strong focus on providing insight and decision support to regional management across a range of operational and commercial issues.
Working closely with you are the management team you will provide insight into business performance and its underlying drivers and will ensure accurate budgets and forecasts are in place. You will review the performance of promotions and offers to influence key decision-makers across the organisation. Responsibilities:
- Summarise and communicate financial and operating results against objectives. Translate Consumer Business Unit financial results into actionable strategic or tactical tasks. Provide qualitative analysis including variance analysis.
- Ensure compliance with financial processes as well as adherence to established corporate policies, internal controls and statutory requirements. Set the "tone at the top" through communication.
- Financial lead for special projects for the Consumer Business. Partner with key members of the Consumer Business to incorporate assumptions into financial models and develop ad-hoc information. Financial lead for the Consumer Business capital expenditure financial evaluation. Ensure credit monitoring as a Consumer representative in the market and monitor risks and opportunities from a credit and cash perspective.
- Assess and agree on the establishment of realistic and challenging financial objectives, budgets, and strategic plans for the Consumer Business Unit with a high level of financial forecast accuracy.
- Contribute fully to the development of local strategy across all areas of the consumer business, challenging assumptions, and decision-making as appropriate, providing transparency in results and estimates and guidance on all activities (plans, targets and business drivers)
- Support local management team, using a combination of data and leadership skills to provide insight and to influence decision-makers.
- Salary range between £50,000 -£60,000 plus benefits
- Competitive benefits package, on-going training and development
- Flexible working
- Recognised accounting qualification - ACCA, CIMA, ACA.
- 3 years of post-qualification experience within industry.
- Experience in finance business partnering and a demonstrated understanding of sales and marketing operations.
- Strong business acumen with a broad base of financial knowledge with a balanced commercial mindset.
- Strong IT skills and working experience with finance IT systems from a detailed to a consolidated perspective, including the usage of Excel
- US GAAP experience