Location: Poole and working from home
Salary: to £28k doe + bonus and brilliant opportunity
My client is an entrepreneurial accountancy and business advisory service that are award winning and have a UK and International client base. This is a unique and unusual opportunity for an experienced Accountant/Client Services Manager to join their small but growing team. They aren't typical accountants and offer a very normal and fun service to their clients. The role would suit someone who can think on their feet, who is practical and who is flexible with the duties of an accountant - this would not suit a died in the wool old-fashioned style accountant! It's also very much about getting someone who is a team player and who will fit their culture.
This role will suit someone who is newly or recently qualified ACCA or equivalent and has ambition. The current owner wants to recruit someone that he can help develop into an advisor and take the business off his hands in 5 years' time
They offer their clients a friendly, non-rigid, relaxed atmosphere, focussing on UK and international SME's and their owners with a strong advisory base (approx. 50% of income from advisory).
Their culture is laid back but professional and is focussed on getting the job done rather than hours on the clock!! They are very normal in their approach and speak in a non-technical/jargon way to their clients!
Working either from their offices in Poole or from home or a mix of the 2 (after training) they can offer a high degree of flexibility as long as the job gets done.
The successful candidate will have
* Good knowledge of current UK FRS (especially FRS 102). A working knowledge of current Income, Corporation and Capital Gains tax compliance legislation and its application
* Experience in the production of management accounts and statutory financial statements up to review level
* Knowledge of and experience in VAT return preparation, payroll, and CIS processing (or willingness to learn the latter two)
* Experience in the preparation of tax returns for companies, partnerships, and individuals up to review stage
* Practical use of software, they use QuickBooks, Taxcalc, Receipt Bank. Knowledge of Xero and SAGE would be useful.
* Good Excel skills and experience
* A young outlook, sense of humour, outgoing, flexible and client friendly. Accepting of diversity without being a slave to political correctness. Excellent communication skills: face to face, in writing and on the telephone
* They don't really wear suits only when the occasion requires but you do need to look the part (no facial tattoos as client facing!)
* Someone who looks at the bigger picture - a woods rather than trees person, yet retains an eye for detail and has good intuition
* Motivated and a self-starter, willing to get "hands dirty and looking to challenge themselves to end up owning and running the business in a 4-5 year time scale. Wanting to develop themselves, others, and the business
* They are a "muck in" in the office with keeping it tidy, making coffee for each other, admin, so a team player is a must
* Current full valid driving licence
* Clean DBS check
* To undertake the preparation of Financial accounts and Corporate Tax returns for a variety of SME's, undertake and oversee VAT return preparation, a few small payroll and CIS submissions and the preparation and submission of personal tax returns.
* Assisting in the supervision of trainee/university placement students as required.
* Monthly billing for the firm and overview of cash and current debtor position.
* Assisting with business development and the creation of business development strategies.
Nice to have
* ATT qualified - looking to qualify as CTA - my client would support this
* Working knowledge of Inheritance tax and Stamp Duty/SDLT compliance and legislation
* Knowledge and or experience in business and or tax advisory work. A willingness to develop these skills is essential
* Some networking /business development experience
* Language skills - always useful