MAT Recruitment are working with a Secondary Academy in Darwen to recruit a passionate and highly motivated Science intervention specialist. This is a temporary contract to support students at KS3 & KS4 to 'catch up' on lost learning.
To be considered for this position, you will have high professional standards and excellent subject knowledge, with the ability to teach and support students across all key stages. We are looking for someone who is an experienced and effective teacher or tutor, who has the drive and determination and a proven record of raising outcomes in Science. In return, you will work in a positive environment, with staff who are fully committed to the ethos of the school and are passionate about their subject.
This school can offer the successful candidate -
- A fantastic place to work with supportive and willing staff and students
- A great opportunity for a Science tutor or intervention teacher
- Opportunity for career development
The successful candidate will:
- Experience of Tutoring or working with KS3 & KS4 children
- Have a Science PGCE or Science related degree
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to teaching and learning
- Be able to work as part of a team and positively contribute to the department
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.