Job Title: SEMH Teaching AssistantSalary / Rate: £66.00 - £75.00 per dayLocation: Liverpool
Milk Education are working with a special school in the Liverpool area to recruit positive Teaching Assistants to start as soon as possible initially on a temporary basis; if successful this may lead to a permanent contract.
This special school is part of an independent company and caters for vulnerable young people aged 11 to 18 who are disengaged from mainstream education. To be successful in this SEN Teaching Assistant role you will need to be committed and passionate about helping young people to achieve success. You will be required to support students on a one to basis and in small groups both academically and emotionally. The pupils who attend have a range of Special Educational Needs (SEN) including Social Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties, ADHD, Autism, behavioural difficulties and Looked after Children; so excellent behaviour management is necessary with a calm but firm approach. This school is close to local transport links and has on-site parking.
You will be working alongside a supportive staff team ensuring a positive and safe learning environment is provided for all students. This is the ideal opportunity for an experienced TA looking for a new challenge.Required Skills & Experience:
The Milk Difference:
- Experience supporting young people with a range of SEN including SEMH
- Good Literacy Numeracy and communication skills
- Excellent behaviour management with knowledge of a range of de-escalation techniques
- A positive attitude with a calm but firm approach
We are an environmentally-friendly education supply agency providing quality talent to local schools across the North West. Milk Education brings a fresh approach with traditional values to the Education Recruitment Sector.
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Direct links to local schools.
- Free Lesson Plans.
- Training support sessions.
- Video technology that will increase your chances of long term placements.
- Dedicated Consultants who will cater for your employment needs with 24/7 availability.
- Commitment to quality and safeguarding.
- 24/7 support for interview and lesson observation preparation.
Applicants will be subject to variety of checks including: an enhanced DBS check, full references, including from your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.Your Application:
To apply for this role, please call Nicki on at your earliest convenience or submit your application via the form below.