Elevation Accountancy & Finance are pleased to be working in partnership with a reputable organisation based in the Rotherham area as they look to expand their busy finance function and appoint a professional and highly experienced Finance Business Partner on a full time, permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a wealth of finance knowledge in the day to day transactional duties (purchase ledger), through to the monthly management accounts preparation including providing commentary.
The successful candidate will have the confidence to liaise with individuals at varying levels across the organisation to provide/discuss financial information.
Duties of the Finance Business Partner will include:
* Production of monthly management accounts and supporting schedules.
* Review and explain variances to budget/forecast/previous year.
* Maintain fixed asset model to enable easy extraction of half year and year end summaries.
* Responsible for maintaining the records and daily receipts.
* Maintain cash book and ensure bank reconciliation is accurate.
* Match purchase invoices to system purchase orders raised.
* Effective purchase ledger ensuring that, supplier data is properly maintained and up to date, all expenditure has been appropriately authorised prior to input to the purchase ledger, payments are made to suppliers agreed terms and purchase ledger balances are fully reconciled to supplier statements and summarised on a monthly basis.
* Complete the production of half year and year end audit files to agreed timescales.
* Attend warehouse stock takes to ensure these are carried out accurately and appropriately.
* Own the margin report for the company identifying any anomalies and carrying out extensive reviews of products to ensure correct margins are being achieved.
* Review stock price file and ensure goods are invoiced at correct price.
* Monthly stock reconciliation of the company's multisite warehouses.
* Identify areas for improvement in the existing finance and warehouse system.
* Ensure corporate credit card statements are distributed and returned with all appropriate receipts obtaining authorisation in respect of any missing receipts.
* Produce and post the analysis of expenditure and VAT.
* Assist with the production of supporting information for tax computations and resolution of any subsequent queries.
* Proven experience working within purchase ledger and management accounting.
* Strong systems skills including Sage & Excel.
* Ability to liaise with individuals at varying levels to provide financial information.
* Studying towards/qualified - CIMA/ACCA.
* Ability to proritise workload to ensure strict targets/deadlines are met.
If you feel that you have the relevant skills to be considered for this opportunity, please feel free to apply today to avoid missing out!