Do you have previous experience within water treatment?
If so we are currently recruiting for an experienced Water Treatment Site Manager to join our Drinking Water Services team based in Bodmin. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £30,000 per annum.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities and each other.
Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include: free car parking at the majority of our sites, company Sharesave Scheme, childcare support and various health benefits.
Our Water Treatment Site Manager will provide operational management of water resources, water treatment works and sludge treatment/recycling assets, by delivering day to day supervision of all Water Treatment operational activities to ensure that all work undertaken is safe and cost-effective. You will ensure workforce development and competence is maintained. You will ensure ODI performance targets are achieved by supplying our customers with a high-quality product in a sustainable manner that meets both internal and external customer service standards.
Responsibilities as our Water Treatment Site Manager will include:
- Ensuring health and safety policies, standards and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Ensuring compliance with the water quality standards and support achievement of required 'Taste, Odour and Colour' ODI performance targets
- Working with the Regional Programme Delivery Team to ensure asset improvements are effectively planned, controlled and delivered without impact on product quality, quantity or service delivery
- Ensuring that all work undertaken is compliant with the procedures laid down in the Quality Management System and that the latter is effectively maintained for the Drinking Water Services function
- Ensuring all waste management activities are managed effectively, comply with ISO standards and that all work undertaken at impounding reservoirs and Water Treatment Works have no adverse impact on the environment
- Providing consistent leadership, resilience, responsibility and decision making for the team under the supervision of the DWS Resources and Production Operational Manager
- Maintaining and developing the competency of staff under his/her management to ensure individual, site, team and departmental targets are achieved or outperformed
- Ensuring the development of personnel through a structured approach to training, coaching and mentoring
- Ensuring systems for monitoring site performance are in place and used effectively; including chemical delivery and receipting, stock control, reliability, alarm handling and resolution and capture of third party hours
- Performing root cause analysis on all callouts to Water Treatment Works to drive process reliability and availability
- Monitoring individuals, sites and team's performance to promote and deliver continuous improvement
- Ensuring all operational activities associated with reservoir safety and surveillance are completed to comply with the Reservoir Act 1975
What we are looking for in our ideal Water Treatment Site Manager:
- Extensive experience in water treatment
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths
- HNC or higher in a relevant discipline (desirable)
- WAMITAB certification (or ability to achieve)
- IOSH/NEBOSH Health & Safety Qualifications (or ability to achieve)
- Supervisory, leadership and performance management experience
- Decision making skills
- Effective planning skills to plan work and deploy resource effectively
- Understanding of risk analysis techniques in relation to water supply
- Organisation Skills - to be able to effectively prioritise and plan work schedules.
- Full UK Drivers Licence
Closing date: Sunday 20th September 2020
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Water Treatment Site Manager - we look forward to receiving your application